“So-so”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: As of 3/12/14 Thelma Fays has closed THANK YOU ALL
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Heard a lot about this place before I went. Very nice folks but the food I got that say was average at best. My advice - stick to what dishes they are known for and you should be okay!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stopped in for a lunch on a Sunday. I ordered Ernie's Favorite and hubby ordered the Philly Steak Hoagie. Both sandwiches very tasty and filling. The owner was very friendly. There were a few other tables and we were obviously the only ones not local. I would definitely frequent the place if I lived nearby.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I had seen some good reviews of this place, but was not impressed with a recent visit. Stopped in for lunch with friends on a cold day. The place was pretty cold inside, and the door did not close completely when people came in. Also,the person behind the counter looked like he just got out of bed, and didn't look particularly clean. I had a sandwich which was pretty good-sized and tasted fine. Everyone's food was fine, but I don't think I will be going back soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Thelma Fay's is a locally owned deli when you stop in for lunch or dinner arrive as a customer, but often leave as a friend. The owners are often present and will make sure you feel at home and that your order is correct and to your liking. The restaurant is very clean and it has a "trendy" feel to it as you can sign a message or your name to one of the walls near the counter area. The building was recently redone in red and black. The food is plentiful in portions and the price is by far less than what you would pay for the same at a chain restaurant and you receive quick, friendly service. Sunday brunch is also great and popular among locals.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were a little apprehensive walking in cause it looks like a bit of a hole in the wall, but a very clean hole in the wall. I'm so glad we went here because the food is amazing! The sandwiches are huge. We oringally wanted to go here to try the fried cheesecake bites, but after the sandwiches and a shared order of fries we were way too stuffed to even think about it. I highly suggest this place!