WINNER WONDERLAND

Motel 6 Charleston East
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
“Nice rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

This seriously cannot be a Motel 6! The rooms were huge, immaculate, and despite being just feet from the road, vert quiet! Amazing price, dog welcomed, friendly clerk at checkin. The floors were wood, not creepy carpet. The bed had what looked like high end linens. The parking lot was well lit whicj was good because on the back you can't park by your room. The towels were in a cute, lighted display. Just a great value. We will not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Blakeula

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Percy, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place has just been remodeled. There is no carpet, which I think is awesome. The staff is friendly. If you stay here be sure to keep your vehicle locked. There were quite a few breakins while we were there. The beds are comfortable. There is only coffee available until 10 am. The Internet is slow and you have to pay 3.17 a day for it . Basically you get what you pay for.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank AmberE21
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Staff was ok room didn't look bad but killed 5 roaches the first night I would not even think of staying to this hotel again never again but when comp is paying guess you got to go where they put you at
Ty to my comp I got to do my wash somewhere 3 miles away too
Like I said never stay here again ill sleep outside first on ground

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GaryMoorejr
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

The staff at this Motel 6 went above and beyond the call of duty. I came in at around 9am after being on the bus all night and not getting any sleep. I knew it was not anywhere close to the usual check in time but I asked what was the earliest I could get in. The manager had the housekeeper clean a room especially for me so I could get some well needed sleep.

The room was in great shape, The staff is great, If you are visiting Charleston I wholeheartedly recommend this motel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
Morganfield, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Average. Typical Motel 6. Bare-boned. No coffee maker, clock/radio, but you should expect that. It was clean, bright rooms, most of the motels in the area are inconvenient to get to. For a one night crash pad, it was just what we were looking for.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Stayed there on our way to north Dakota from ft. Bragg north Carolina. Had a trailer with or items in it because my husband just got out of the Army and we got there at midnight and left about 9 am the next morning. Our trailer s back lock was broke and a lot of items were taken out of our trailer including all, military paper work jewelry my kids blankets n books and meds medical records, checks, titles to my vehicles. And a lot more. Called the hotel manager she didn't care and told, me they didn't have outside cameras. I called the police n he said no cameras and there is a ton of druggys out there. I filled a police report. I would not get a room here. .

• Stayed April 2012
6 Thank Billy97477
London, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

We made a reservation for the halfway point of our return trip from Myrtle Beach, SC. Got to the hotel on Friday and there was a sign on the door that said 'Temporarily Closed for Precautionary Inspections'. Went inside and there was a girl there that said everyone with reservations were supposed to get phone calls - but, we were traveling for the past week so of course didn't get a message. Left there and went to the Holiday Inn Express next door. Got home from our trip and there was a message from Motel 6 saying our reservation was changed to another Motel 6. That would not have worked for us anyway as we specifically booked right at the Interstate. Don't know what precautionary inspections means but don't want to find out!

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family