“Consistent but some training needed”
Review of Panera Bread

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Panera Bread
Ranked #108 of 278 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Panera is usually consistent wherever I go. Food was consistently good, staff was friendly. One of our orders was done inaccurately (training issue?)but quickly corrected.

There are newer reviews for Panera Bread

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Why they would allow someone to take orders that obviously was incompetent is beyond me. Wanted to check my reward status and was initially told that she couldn't do that. I had multiple orders but after giving her the second order, she said that I had just asked for something different from what I had ordered. Is taking multiple items a hard task for some people? I was almost afraid to ask for the 3rd and final order. Well, Allison managed to still screw up part of the order. Go figure. Then she asked if I had a Panera card and when I said that I tried to give it earlier, she said she thought I was asking about my credit card.
Fortunately the food prepped made the correction to order and was nice about it.
Food was fair but the French Onion soup was bitter and salty.
This chain is usually good and efficient bit this one really sets the bar low. Will never go here again on a visit.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

While in Charleston for a conference, my friends and I had a lunch and a breakfast at the Panera which is conveniently located in the mall, but right across from the Civic Center. Every time we walked by, and both times we ate there, it was quite crowded but it's huge by Panera standards and even with a convention crowd converging on it, there was plenty of seating. My advice would be to try to get there early for lunch to avoid long lines, but otherwise, it's a fine, quick lunch or breakfast.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I tried to order a salad with shrimp. Found out the shrimp were from another country where the are pond raised with other animals, was told all shrimp are bottom feeders. Ordered a spinach salad without the bacon, they put bacon in anyway. I asked for my money back. I normally love Panera...what a disappointment!

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Always a tough choice on which soup and salad. All are good. Enjoy the new line of pasta choices too!