“Best pizza in town”

Lola's Pizza
Ranked #17 of 275 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, West Virginia
“Best pizza in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

This little restaurant in South Hills has some of the best pizza in Charleston WV. The pizzas are creative and have always been delicious. The beer selection is fantastic, but even better is the Sangria. Don't get here too late on a weekend, otherwise the best Sangria you will have ever tasted will be all gone. The restaurant is smaller, though it has a very warm feel to it, never cramped. There are some outdoor seating. But because of the size, there can be long lines. Parking is also limited. However, for the pizzas, atmosphere, and sangria its worth the wait.

Greenwood
“Stayed overnight in Charleston, W.Va. again just to eat at Lola's!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

A year ago we planned a half-way overnite stop in Charleston on our way from Indiana to Raleigh, N.C. to visit family. I used tripadvisor to select a place for my husband and I to have a simple dinner, and Lola's caught my eye! We loved their pizza, goat cheese salad and nice variety of beers! So a couple weeks ago we repeated our drive from last year, on the way to a niece's wedding in Raleigh. Our mouths were watering in anticipation of a return to Lola's! We recognized our waiter from before and he again added to our enjoyment of the evening. The gourmet pizza and fried goat cheese salad were as delicious as I remembered. Their large pizza comes with the option of making it half and half...two different pizzas to share! Our favorite was a pizza with spinach, feta cheese, carmelized onions and roasted red peppers. It was awesome! The thin crust allows the toppings to be appreciated and you aren't so full afterwards. I especially like their signature salad, which is something I haven't found anywhere else. We look forward to returning again and again, if God blesses us with more traveling years!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank indianagrandma28
Cross Lanes, West Virginia
“Love the pizza and beer selection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

You have to love a place where the musical playlist for dinner includes Robert Earl Connelly, Michael Jackson, and Hall & Oates in succession! So many beers to choose from and the portabello mushroom pizza was awesome.

1 Thank RobertAvsec
Rexburg, Idaho
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have not a fan of gourmet pizza but this place has changed my mind. I tried the most highly rated pizza place in SLC and was very disappointed but this is great pizza. It's been along time since I have been to a busier restaurant and I can see why this place is so busy. It was packed and pizza was going out the front door as fast as they could make it. I highly recommend the portable/pesto pizza and the fig jam/rosemary. I know fig jam on pizza doesn't sound right but it was delicious.

Charleston, WV
“We won't be back - mediocre food, poor service, dirty building”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

The pizza toppings are excellent. The crust doesn't match - soggy in the middle and even the edges are bland in the mouth. The much-recommended goat cheese salad didn't rise above mediocre either. The seared goat cheese was nice, but the greens were a straight-from-Kroger mix. The balsamic dressing was nice - not overly sweet - but nothing to rave over. All in all, we thought the food was mediocre.

The service was poor. Our waitress was pleasant, but she was slow to take our order and then never checked back on us. I had to chase her down to get drink refills and then our check.

The building is terrible. It's an old house and has years of ground-in dirt. The tables and chairs are cheap and not comfortable. They were also grimy, and are beat up enough that I don't think they could be adequately cleaned. When we were there, the inner rooms were hot (perhaps it was a temporary A/C problem). We were seated in what appeared to be an enclosed porch. The table were much too close together and the acoustics were terrible - we could hear every word of the other 2 parties in the room but had trouble hearing each other.

All in all, we'll just go back to Pies and Pints in the future.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Lola's Pizza? Share your experiences!