“Always Great”

Dining options: Dinner
Buckhannon, West Virginia
“Always Great”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Service is good and food is always excellent - gourmet pizza. Really love the goat cheese medallion salad. New menu items available. Did have to wait for a table, but staff was friendly and helpful.

Visited October 2013

Dayton, Ohio
“Nice place to eat. Nothing special”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Nothing special here. Average service. Nothing great about the atmosphere. Just a small old house. Food was fine. Nothing to brag about. Yuppi's and alternative rockers will love this place since it attempts to be counter culture and is overpriced.

1 Thank jordangregory23
Charleston, West Virginia
“Focus on service, local fresh ingredients, cozy atmospere = Greatness”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My best friend was in town and wanted to try a new place, so I do what I usually do and checked out Trip Advisor to see what was highest ranked in Charleston and to look at some pictures of what to expect food and atmosphere wise. Have come across Lola's while checking out Trip Advisor before and decide that today was the day to try it out. I had read that it is a small house converted into a restaurant and can get packed, so we opted to go on a Wednesday, we got there around 4:30 and were one of the first tables seated for service. Upon strolling up the walk the front door was opened for us and we were welcomed in by a handful of staff members. I told them this was our first time there and one of the guys gave me a high five and told me that we were in for a real treat then. The hostess gathered wrapped silverware and menus from a fabulous teal blue vintage hutch and showed us to a lovely table that was actually an old vintage door with a glass overlay. It was a lovely evening so the windows were open and a pleasant breeze drifted in. Our server was a gregarious fellow named, A.J., and he quickly hurried over and began telling us all about the menu, the drinks, and the new seasonal selections they had for the fall. I had already decided from the reviews and photos I had already seen that I had to have the fried goat cheese salad. My friend and I opted for a pitcher of their signature Sangria and were glad we did. I usually don't like anything to do with wine ( i know, I'm a weirdo), but my friend does and it was a bargain to get a whole pitcher rather than by the glass. This stuff was smooth and sweet and went down like Kool-Aid. I could definitely get in trouble with drinking too much of this and forgetting it had an alcohol content. For our pizza we decided on a large pizza half steak and cheese and half fresh mushroom. The steak on the steak and cheese half of the pizza was from Swift Level Farms, pan seared and chili rubbed. There was also, slices of fresh jalapeno, fresh garlic and and sweet red onions. It was divine. For the mushroom pizza there were fresh mushrooms (no canned stuff here), caramelized onions, oven roasted tomatoes, smoked gouda and mozzarella. Both of those pizzas automatically come with a garlic oil base, but A.J. told us that we could have red sauce base or pesto base if we preferred on any of the pizzas we chose. We decided to go with the way it was on the menu and were not disappointed. Our server also brought out a dish of fresh grated parmesan cheese in case we wanted to top our finished pizza with it. Everytime he came to check on us, he topped off our glasses of sangria from our pitcher on the table. I thought this was a nice service touch. When he saw that we were unable to finish those last two slices he offered to have it packaged up to go for us and took the pizza pan and came back with a neatly wrapped package for us to take home. My friend and I split the check and it was around 26 dollars each after tax. We had a pitcher of sangria that was 18, two goat cheese salads that were 7 a piece, and a large pizza that was 18. Left completely full and a slice a piece for later. The only improvement that I could think of was to expand the neat decor theme that is in the main dining area to the room that we were sat in. There were just holiday inn style pictures of fruits and vegetables on the walls in that room that are kind of a visual bummer compared to the rest of the bright and kitschy styled restaurant space. I would totally go back to Lola's in a heartbeat and recommend it to any one looking for a place to dine in Charleston.

• Visited October 2013
“Small place, great food”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

At first look, Lola's does seem small and cramped. It is sometimes hard to get a table, especially with a big group. This is just all part of the atmosphere and experience. Despite the size of the restaurant the food is amazing. Easily the best pizza I've ever had and definitely the best in Charleston. The service is good and pretty quick. I highly encourage out-of-town visitors to give it a try.

• Visited March 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Changed the way I think about pizza”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Atmosphere was incredible. Service was some of the best I've ever had. My friend and I ordered the portabella pesto pizza and it was literally the best pizza I've had. Please try this if you visit. My other friend ordered a pepperoni pizza, which was okay. The pizza sauce is alright, but you can tell it is fresh and made in house.

Overall I couldn't have been happier with the choice and would definitely visit again next time I'm in Charleston.

• Visited July 2013