Do not know what this was before they pasted the sign saying Express. We are gold with holiday inn products which says we use them often during each year ie so far we have stayed this year alone in expresses in Il Oklahoma new Mexico Arizona Utah Montana South Dakota Wyoming Iowa west Virginia Virginia Indiana Michigan Ohio and Wisconsin. This One owas not up to average. I requested a top floor and got ground but was informed that was all they had- checked that and not sure that was true. My room faced the cars which were about 10 feet from my bed. I got to listen to the smokers outside by their cars during the night - hmmm thinking that is not a plus. Bed is good and the bathroom counters are granite. The carpet has been replaced. The hot tub was hot and the pool warm and pleasant. The room was not clean- found long hairs and nasty bugs on the bathroom floor and the tub was dirty. The refridgerator had food remmenats in it. I felt like they forgot to clean the room. There was white stuff on parts of the carpet like they had tried to clean up puke or cover up previous animal occupants - could not tell. DH never complains about a place and he was not happy with the state of our room. I chose this because it was convenient to the turnpike and that is the good part about the place. The lady doing breakfast was on top of things and very pleasant.
I think this could be okay but they need to monitor the cleaning - make sure that the rooms get cleaned. I will not stay here again - too many other options available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Charleston/Kanawha City. Located only minutes from the majestic West Virginia State Capitol, Yeager Airport, beautiful downtown Charleston and the historical East End district. Other points of interest are the Clay Center for the Performing Arts, the University of Charleston and Appalachian Power Stadium home of the West Virginia Power. As our guest of the Holiday Inn Express, you will stay in one of our totally renovated, spacious king, queen or executive suite room with high speed Internet, your choice of plush pillows and great nights sleep mattresses. Also enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast buffet with the worlds best cinnamon rolls. Fresh brewed coffee is available every evening. After a busy day of work or travel, you can energize yourself in our fitness center. Then, cool down in the heated, indoor pool and hot tub. Enjoy the many food options near the hotel that include everything from fast food to steak houses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Charleston/Kanawha City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Charleston South Hotel Charleston
- Comfort Suites Charleston
- Charleston Comfort Suites