“This is a great property!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
On The Road
“This is a great property!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The staff at this hotel is so friendly!

We stayed at this hotel over the Christmas holiday while visiting family in the area.

We had a great rate at this property, and felt the value exceeded the rate!

The hotel was so nicely decorated for the holidays - it was almost like staying at home!

The room was spacious, clean, and well appointed.

Breakfast wasn't great - but I haven't found a Country Inn yet that really delivered on the 'free breakfast'. The breakfast burritos were still frozen! Yuck :/

There is a Bob Evans close by - so a great breakfast isn't far away!

Would I suggest this property to other? YES! It is a great property, great location, and the staff is very friendly!

One note on the location though - this hotel is SOUTH of Charleston in Kanawha City... NOT in SOUTH CHARLESTON. The two areas are at opposite ends of the valley - so for a first time visitor to the area, it could be confusing! So when they say CHARLESTON - SOUTH....... they do not mean SOUTH CHARLESTON. Just check a map before booking!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nancy W, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us over you holiday vacation, I do apologize for the issues with our breakfast during you stay. We are currently under renovation and with that we are getting a new kitchen and breafast area and we are hoping that will improve our breakfast considerably. We doo hope you can stop in and stay with us again sometime.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Nothing to complain about. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was in great condition. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast was tasty. Our family made use of the fitness room, the pool and the guest laundry and all met our expectations.

I will happily book here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Nancy W, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Values Guest,

I am happy to hear you had a fantastic stay with us and that you and you family made use of the amenities our hotel has to offer. I am also glad to hear our staff was friendly and help to you and your family. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Bardstown, Kentucky
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I just checked in to this hotel after being caught in the snowstorm on my way back to Louisville, Kentucky from Washington, DC. I tried the Motel 6 next door but the woman working the front desk (or should I say, walk up window) was less than accommodating and I didn't quite feel comfortable at the property. Walked next door and found this gem! Jennifer, who was working night audit, was EXTREMELY hospitable and made me feel comfortable. She went out of her way, even walked outside to watch me walk to my car (which was parked next door at the slummy Motel 6) when I moved it to their parking lot. As a lone, young, female traveler who has no idea where she is and got caught in unfortunate circumstances, you can imagine how relieved I was that someone actually cared and wanted to do whatever they could to help me. The room is great, two warm queen beds and very clean. Would recommend this hotel to anyone! Thanks so much Jennifer, you are wonderful!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Nancy W, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments.
Fostoria
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My sister and I were recently in the Charleston area because of a death in our family. We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites and we were so glad we did. They gave us a reduced bereavement rate for out-of-town family members, When I asked staff if they knew of a nearby restaurant that would be able to provide a quiet place for family members to gather and have a meal after the funeral, they offered us a private room at the hotel. They also made coffee and iced tea for us as well as provided the plates,napkins, cups, silverware, etc. We appreciated this more than words can say. Their many expressions of sympathy, empathy and concern meant so much. A big thank you to Terry, Stephanie and all of the staff.

I have stayed at several of the hotels in the area on other trips. From now on, this will be the ONLY hotel for me. Please stay here when you are in the Charleston area. It is clean, modern, and safe place to stay. The hot breakfast was great each morning. While I did not take advantage of the indoor pool and whirlpool, it looked very clean and nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Nancy W, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Values Guest,

We are glad you enjoyed you stay with us, and that our staff could help in your family's time of need. We hope that your future stays with our hotel are under happier circumstances. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and staff.
Southside Virginia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Over the past 6 years we have stayed at this Country Inn & Suites many times. We are always pleased with the clean rooms and the helpful staff. Our most recent visit was exactly what we expected. We can add very little that has not been covered in other reviews. Our stay was great and I am sure we will book again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the parking lot if you are concerned with highway noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nancy W, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Vauled Guest,

Thanks for your comments. The managment and staff are glad that you enjoy your stays with us.
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed 2 full weekends loved it will stay here every time I come down this way best place I have ever stay in clean very nice staff and very friendly breakfast was the best I had bed made every day washer and dry to do my wash

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank GaryMoorejr
Nancy W, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Guest,
Glad you had a wounderful stay. Look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Managment and Staff
Country Inn & Suites Charleston, South
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2012

i stayed at this hotel in august. this was the best country inn ive ever stayed at we were here on a vacation and this was the perfect family freindly hotel. We loved the very large room and the huge pool. The staff was great and the breakfast was ok yet not the bes ive had but averge. overall i had a wonderful stay at the country inn and suites charleston.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room away from the interstate because those rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Drake B
Nancy W, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston South, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the good comments on are hotel. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are working to make are breakfast better. Hopefully on your next vist we will do better with breakfast. Hope to see you again soon.

Managment and Staff