“Good Hotel”

Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed August 14, 2008

We had a great experience at the Hampton.

We wish the price was a little better, but the facilities, location, the pool, the room, and the hot breakfast were all excellent.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed December 28, 2007

We chose the Hampton though it was 5 miles off our route (I-77). The ratings of I-77 hotels in Charleston on this site were mixed so we opted for the Hampton which had better reviews. We were not disappointed. The room and facilities were immaculately clean. The beds were comfortable. The continental breakfast was way above average.

Our only complaint was that with only a few other guests that night, they placed us right next to a noisy young family which didn't always make for sound sleeping with relatively thin walls. Surely a little more thought could have gone into that room assignment.

One caution. Try to avoid rush hour. The road from I-77 was crowded with cars at 4:30 PM.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dwsact
Reviewed September 27, 2007

This is the best Hampton Inn I have ever stayed at. The pool, pool area and jacuzzi were a lot nicer than most of the fancier hotels I have stayed at. The pool area was extremely clean.

I found the staff to be quite professional, especially at the breakfast. At many hotels the staff doesn't handle breakfast well, but they did at this hotel.

The construction at the hotel is still ongoing, but really didn't cause us any trouble, except for making it challenging to find a parking spot.

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank pt78
Reviewed September 19, 2007

I was disappointed in this hotel - especially after reading previous reviews. The hotels seems older. The staff was friendly enough but did not appear very professional and were often out smoking in the parking lot - which I consider a turn off. The rooms are very outdated - the furniture all seemed old, HOWEVER they did have the amazing beds that Hampton's are known for. The room seemed relatively clean - but I was afraid to look to close. We arrived late on a Friday and were leaving early the next morning so I figured I could deal with it. I was also turned off by the pool area, the lobby bathrooms and the breakfast area - it all seemed old to me.

The location is good. It's easy walking distance to several restaurants and shopping.

I will add that there appear to be some renovations going on - and it appears that they are adding a wing so perhaps once all of these updates are complete it will be a lot better.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spkjones
Reviewed July 7, 2007

We love this hotel. very clean. staff is nice. walking distance to many stores, restaurants. Breakfast is free, hot, and includes many choices. pool and spa are wonderful, clean. we stay here every time we go for shopping,very convenient. rooms are spotless.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2006

I stayed at this Hampton with a friend and our two children (9), the rooms were very spacious with upgraded bedding. The indoor pool was wonderful, very large for a Hampton Inn. Breakfast bar was extension, with lots of selections. Sodas, coffee and tea available 24 hours. Walking distance to several nice restaurants, Toys R Us, Chuckie Cheese and a small mall. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 24, 2006

We recently stayed one night at the Hampton Inn Southridge in South Charleston, WV. We couldn't have been more pleased with our experience. It has a very nice lobby, pool and breakfast area, as well as friendly and helpful staff. We had a king room with jacuzzi in the bathroom and it was lovely. Immaculately clean and nicely decorated, very comfortable bed and furniture. We will stay nowhere else when we visit Charleston and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2006