“Can't go wrong with a Hampton”

Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very nice, comfortable Hampton. Located near a bunch of chain restaurants and shops. We had a great one-night stay while traveling and would definitely stay here again. Staff was helpful and kind; breakfast was good with lots of choices that made adults and children happy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

BEK216, Thank you. It is great to hear that you had such a memorable stay with us, and we look forward to future stop-overs when you are traveling.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

THIS WAS THE BEST HAMPTON WE'VE EVER STAYED AT!! The staff did an OUTSTANDING job, made us feel welcome, and were very helpful. They offered info on food choices, brought us extra pillows promptly when asked, and always had a smile on their faces. One of the staff members, James, was very nice and went out of his way to make us feel welcome.
The pool & hot tub were AMAZING!! We had a long day & enjoyed the cabanas by the pool & hot tub, while our son went swimming. The patio outside was also very nice & clean. The exercise room was wonderful. Had plenty of equipment & the layout was great. Our room was clean & the beds were nice & comfortable.
I couldn't believe that this hotel is approx. 17 yrs old! I thought it was new & asked a staff member when it was built. When he told me I didn't believe him! The whole place was very clean & in excellent condition. You can tell that they work hard & keep this property in great shape! It shows!! The decor was very nice & stylish. The breakfast area had a nice layout, and plenty of food choices for breakfast.
The location was perfect too! Cabela's was right next door (which made my husband & son very happy!) and there is also a shopping center next door. Several food choices, from nice restaurants to fast food places...
This was about 5 miles out of our way, but well worth it!!! Couldn't of been any happier with our stay & will stop here next time we travel through Charleston WV. Wish all Hampton's were exactly like this one! Way to go Hampton Charleston-Southridge!! Keep up the good work!! It is appreciated!!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Shana1975

Shana1975, I can't say thank you enough for such a wonderful review! I am so happy that you truly enjoyed your stay at our hotel while you were in Charleston. You recommendation and choice to return to us are all we need. I'm glad to hear what a great time you had and we look forward to showing you the same service upon your return. Thank you very much!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great staff and extra amenities make this Hampton stand out from the rest. Lobby had free, fresh chocolate chip cookies in the evening! One side of the building is near a noisy restaurant dedicated to the Quaker tradition - oil, not religion, so the parking lot can be loud, but who sleeps there anyway. Shopping is endless and hotel is on isolated corner of a huge store complex.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

FWDpost, Thank you so much for the review! We appreciate the comments and compliments and we can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn for the first time. We were so pleased with this hotel, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very nice and clean. The hotel was just beautiful. We plan on staying at this Hampton Inn everytime we are back in the area. Such a great hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonCharlestonMGR, General Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Jill M, Wow! Thank you so much for the nice review. We really appreciate the comments and are happy to hear that you will stay with us the next time you are in the area. That means a lot to us. We can't wait!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

For many years my only connection with Charleston West Virginia was flying in on my way between Washington DC and Cincinnati. For some reason some madmen in the FAA decided that if you cut the top off of a mountain, you could land a plane on it! Today with the STOL aircraft I am sure it is a much more enjoyable, but still harrowing adventure. I can remember flying into Charleston in an Electra Turboprop and writing my will on a cocktail napkin after seeing the airport from the air as we circled.

However, those days are gone and I am mostly an earthbound traveler these days. That is what led me to the Hampton Inn in Charleston West Virginia.

This is a great place to stay but if you don't pay attention to the directions when you book your room, you could get lost. We did! GPS and all. First of all, Southridge doe NOT mean it is in the south part of town. Imprint that on your brain.

Between the construction and the winding snakes that form the highways through Charleston, you have to be on top of your game to get off at the right exit and then hope that construction does not hamper your finding the hotel. So once again, get your directions down in triplicate.

Once you find it, you are home free. A great place with excellent staff. The morning buffet was more than adequate and there is even a pop machine with ice to get you on your way. There is also a free brown paper travel bag with some goodies in it that came in very handy.

One of the reasons, besides the great rooms and staff, is that you are handy to one of the best Mexican Restaurants in the Eastern USA; Las Trancas! It is 2 minutes from the hotel and you don't have to get back on the road to access it.

Read my review to complete your Charleston layover.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

northerwriter7, Thank you for the review! I am sorry you had difficulty traveling the roads through Charleston, but I'm happy to hear you made it. Thank you for the kind comments about the hotel and the surrounding shops and dining establishments. We would love to see you again!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had my 17 birthday party here, I am now going on 20 & I thought everything was wonderful, nothing in my room was dirty, broke or no smell or mold in bathrooms. I definitely enjoyed my stay and I'm seriously thinking bout having my 20th bday gathering here in September. The service was excellent :) thank you for the good stay

• Stayed: September 2012

sierramichelle, Thank you for the kind review, and I'm happy you had a good time when you were here. We would love to see you again!

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here many times before as a date night or outing with the kids to swim. We live about 30 minutes from there however when we went to check in they said "we can not will not rent a room to persons who live within 75 miles" of the hotel!! They were nearly empty had plenty of rooms! The front desk staff was not accommodating at all ! We went and stayed at Marriott downtown which was great! Their breakfast is second to none and much better than Hamptons warmed microwaved food and cereal! Even if they would rent to us we wouldn't return!

• Stayed: August 2013