New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Mobile, United States
“A great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a great hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was neat and clean. There was a manager's reception in the evening, it was a great stay. I would recommend this to anyone traveling.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Howard C
HamptonCharlestonMGR, Manager at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Howard C,

Thank you for the kind review! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed the reception and that you feel you can recommend us to anyone. We look forward to future visits from you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Logan, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

It was a wonderful hotel. My husband and I had an anniversary weekend get away. We were close to everything but away from the highway which was peaceful. We really enjoyed our time in charleston. There was a near by spa (oasis spa) that treated me like a princess. We loved it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
HamptonCharlestonMGR, Admin Staff at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Crystal K,

Thanks for the review! It is great to hear you had such a nice time during your special weekend! I'm glad it was peaceful and that you had a chance to enjoy the nearby spa. I'm so happy to hear you loved your stay! I hope we'll see you again in the future!
Midway, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a solid choice for a stay in Charleston. The room was a good size, clean, quiet and comfortable, the staff was kind and helpful, the breakfast bar was outstanding and the pool/ hot tub was an added bonus after several hours on the road. There is an endless self-serve soda machine in the lobby, the breakfast bar staff kept the free breakfast area spotless and the late night chocolate chip cookies were wonderful. I would recommend booking early, this is a tripadvisor favorite and the place fills up fast. Grab your swimsuit and plan on relaxing - this is a great choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank walkersandtalkers
walkersandtalkers,

Thank you for the great review! It is such a nice feeling to have our guests feel so good about our hotel and their time that they spend with us. Thanks for the great descriptions of our hotel and services and we can't wait to see you again when you come to the Charleston area!
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel and our experience was just fine. It's in a great location, close to lots of shopping and food options, yet tucked in away from the busy-ness of it all. And the front desk staff were super friendly and helpful during check-in. We booked a room with a jacuzzi and were surprisingly disappointed. We primarily stay at Hampton Inns when we travel, and we like to treat ourselves once in a while to a jacuzzi room, but this room was just not up to par. The jacuzzi itself seemed really old, and the bathroom had a slightly less than clean feel. The room was huge and the bed was comfortable, but again, it all just seemed really old and outdated. If the jacuzzi looked like it'd been put there within the last decade and/or thoroughly cleaned, I'd give a higher rating, but I can't.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
sardawg,

First, let me say thank you for the review and the compliments you gave our hotel and our staff. Second, let me tell you how sorry I am that the Room and Jacuzzi did not exceed your expectations, as they should have. We take pride in our hotel, and want our guests to have the best experience they can have with us. Obviously, we missed the mark with your stay. I have brought up the issues you mentioned with Housekeeping and Management, and we would hope that in the future you would give us the opportunity to show you how we've corrected the issues. Thank you again the for review, they help us improve for all our guests.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my family on business/family trip. Clean comfortable rooms and community areas. Great indoor pool/hot tub and fitness center. Great Hampton Inn breakfast. This location has a self-serve soda machine as you would find at a restaurant which was a very unique and appreciated surprise.

• Stayed June 2013
InkedCelticCross,

Thanks for the review! It is great to hear that you had such a wonderful time while staying with us. I'm happy to hear you liked the pool and fitness center, as well as the breakfast. Thank you and I hope to see you again soon!
Plymouth, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night and found it to be very clean with friendly staff and in a very convenient location. I was a little worried about noise when we checked in because a girl's softball team was checking in at the same time but the hotel was very quiet at night. It is in a good location with several restaurant options very close to the hotel. Breakfast was plentiful and the serving area was well maintained. I would definitely recommend and would stay here again if I have the opportunity to visit the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen H,

It's always a pleasure to hear guests recommend our hotel to others and to know that they would stay with us again. It makes us feel we have done our best for you. Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel was a very nice hotel. It had complimentary breakfast and they had a soda machine where you could get soda as well as coffee 24/7... very nice... The only problem I had was I had socks on in the room and that is the only place I wore them and they got very dirty. They could clean the carpets more. Overall I would stay here again. I LOVED the staff... very helpful! We were there for a wedding and the Bride's father left his tux in their room. The hotel returned it for him!!! ABOVE AND BEYOND!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Cindy S
Cindy S,

I'm so glad that you had a great time, and I am sorry for the condition of the carpet in your room. It has been noted as an issue to Housekeeping and I hope you would give us the opportunity to show you that it has been corrected. Thank you for the compliments to the staff and I'm happy you had such a wonderful time during your stay for the special occasion!