Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge
$57
$189
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewssoda fountainquaker steak and lubeolive gardenrestaurants and shoppinggreat hotelwithin walking distancehot tubclean roomswould definitely stay here againnice poolthe hotel staffa great staythe breakfast areahotel is locatedshort drivecomplimentary breakfaststaff was friendly
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel and our experience was just fine. It's in a great location, close to lots of shopping and food options, yet tucked in away from the busy-ness of it all. And the front desk staff were super friendly and helpful during check-in. We booked a room with a jacuzzi and were surprisingly disappointed. We primarily stay at Hampton Inns when we travel, and we like to treat ourselves once in a while to a jacuzzi room, but this room was just not up to par. The jacuzzi itself seemed really old, and the bathroom had a slightly less than clean feel. The room was huge and the bed was comfortable, but again, it all just seemed really old and outdated. If the jacuzzi looked like it'd been put there within the last decade and/or thoroughly cleaned, I'd give a higher rating, but I can't.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonCharlestonMGR, Admin Staff at Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

sardawg,

First, let me say thank you for the review and the compliments you gave our hotel and our staff. Second, let me tell you how sorry I am that the Room and Jacuzzi did not exceed your expectations, as they should have. We take pride in our hotel, and want our guests to have the best experience they can have with us. Obviously, we missed the mark with your stay. I have brought up the issues you mentioned with Housekeeping and Management, and we would hope that in the future you would give us the opportunity to show you how we've corrected the issues. Thank you again the for review, they help us improve for all our guests.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my family on business/family trip. Clean comfortable rooms and community areas. Great indoor pool/hot tub and fitness center. Great Hampton Inn breakfast. This location has a self-serve soda machine as you would find at a restaurant which was a very unique and appreciated surprise.

• Stayed: June 2013

InkedCelticCross,

Thanks for the review! It is great to hear that you had such a wonderful time while staying with us. I'm happy to hear you liked the pool and fitness center, as well as the breakfast. Thank you and I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night and found it to be very clean with friendly staff and in a very convenient location. I was a little worried about noise when we checked in because a girl's softball team was checking in at the same time but the hotel was very quiet at night. It is in a good location with several restaurant options very close to the hotel. Breakfast was plentiful and the serving area was well maintained. I would definitely recommend and would stay here again if I have the opportunity to visit the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Karen H,

It's always a pleasure to hear guests recommend our hotel to others and to know that they would stay with us again. It makes us feel we have done our best for you. Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel was a very nice hotel. It had complimentary breakfast and they had a soda machine where you could get soda as well as coffee 24/7... very nice... The only problem I had was I had socks on in the room and that is the only place I wore them and they got very dirty. They could clean the carpets more. Overall I would stay here again. I LOVED the staff... very helpful! We were there for a wedding and the Bride's father left his tux in their room. The hotel returned it for him!!! ABOVE AND BEYOND!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Cindy S

Cindy S,

I'm so glad that you had a great time, and I am sorry for the condition of the carpet in your room. It has been noted as an issue to Housekeeping and I hope you would give us the opportunity to show you that it has been corrected. Thank you for the compliments to the staff and I'm happy you had such a wonderful time during your stay for the special occasion!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently stayed here twice. Both times, I encountered friendly, helpful staff at the front desk and the breakfast buffet. Hotel was clean and well maintained, convenient to most highways, close to shopping, restaurants, etc. Would recommend freely.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

FrequentEater666,

Thanks for the review and the comments on the staff. I'm happy to hear you found it a clean hotel and that you enjoyed the breakfast as well as the professional manner of the staff. It is also wonderful to hear you recommend us!