“Great stop in West Virginia”

Residence Inn Charleston
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We stopped for a quick overnight stay as we traveled through West Virginia. It is close to the freeway but far enough that you don't have any traffic noise. It appeared to be fairly new, rooms were in good condition. The bed was comfortable, staff was friendly, breakfast was pretty standard for a residence inn but the breakfast room was large and pleasant. I would definitely stay here again. For the price it is an excellent hotel.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Charleston

Reviewed August 24, 2014

I looked for a Marriott in the Charleston area because I can get a discount on the Marriott brand, but since it was so last minute, I was unable to get the discount. I was Very pleased with my choice Discount or No Discount! This place was a GEM! Very clean throughout lobby area, common area, breakfast area, rooms, etc. Did not get a chance to take advantage of the pool, but with a quick glance and seeing many guests enjoying it over the 3day/2night stay there, it looked equally as well kept. Breakfast was also a hit. Good variety and quality of food, Many hot selections. One of the best I have seen. Ample room to sit and eat although I DID come in at the tail end of the breakfast time. There was still a good selection of food even at the closing time of the breakfast buffet. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful at giving me instructions to navigate downtown Charleston on a late night run for food. As for it being off the beaten path/out of the way by people we spoke to as well as people we were visiting, I don't consider 2 miles from the center of Charleston out of the way! Area the hotel was in felt very safe. It's on top of a hill and the only thing near it that we could see were some Medical Offices.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank NancyPPhotography
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stopped here after driving 12 hrs from Disney world.excellent stay, it was more comfortable than my Disney accommodations.comfortable beds,attentive staff, clean.it was a little off the beaten path but well worth it!

• Stayed: August 2014
Greg B, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear sheltiemom69,

Thanks for stopping in Charleston to visit our hotel. We glad you enjoyed your stay and got home safely.
We hope that you will stop by again when traveling through Charleston.

Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Good rooms. Plenty of space. Not in the center of town - but you can get to just about any place in Charleston in 10 minutes. Breakfast was included. Decent food.... waffles, oatmeal, yogurt parfaits, scrambled eggs etc.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My husband and I and our Cocker Spaniel spent a few days in Charleston, West Virginia to visit our son and had a great stay at the Residence Inn. The hotel is located just a few miles from downtown Charleston near shopping, restaurants and the government center. Our dog was welcomed with a bag of treats by the front desk staff and we were given information about pet services in the area. They have a designated pet walk area. The staff were friendly and accommodating for us and our pet. Some pet friendly hotels just tolerate pets but this one welcomed him. Our one bedroom suite with kitchen was great as is usual with the Marriott brand. They provided a full breakfast included in the room rate. There is also a lovely outdoor pool. There is a one time charge of $100 additional for the pet for cleaning fees. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip. Also, check out the casual restaurant, the Tricky Fish in downtown Charleston. They welcome pets on their porch and brought our dog a water bowel.

1  Thank maryannfm
Greg B, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear Maryannfm,

Thank you for your comments and for choosing the Residence Inn in Charleston. I will make sure that I share your comments with the entire staff.
We work hard at doing the little things that can say alot and make a big difference.
We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

This was the first time I've stayed at this marriott and I couldn't be happier. We stopped here after a 7 hour drive with two children. It was a long day. On arrival the staff greeted us like they knew us and asked how our day was. After listening the manager said he wanted to upgrade our room so we could get a good night sleep and the extra space was wonderful. The hotel was clean, good outdoor pool and nice breakfast. Location was 3 min drive to restaurants downtown. Will def recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Greg B, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Dear GabbyCharlotte_NC,

Thank you for choosing Marriott and the Residence Inn in Charleston WV. What a great comment and what a great feeling to know that we helped to make your short stay a restfull one. We know that traveling is not always easy and if we can make things a little better for our guests we will certainly do it.
I will make sure I share your comments with the entire team.
Once again thank you for choosing Marriott.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I booked this place after reading all of the reviews!! It was a comfortable enough place. The service was fantastic!! I was booked into building 11. Didn't like it! I wonder what one needs to get to the other buildings. We got to the hotel around 12am after 14 hours of driving. All I did was shower, play clash of clans, sleep .... Now having breakfast!, very good.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family