“Enjoyed the stay!”

Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Suffolk, Virginia
“Enjoyed the stay!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

It was a pleasant surprise to have a room that smelled fresh. Clean and updated! The breakfast was average, but did the job. The hotel staff were friendly, but the food staff not so much. The hotel is a little out of the way, but not a daunting task.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg B, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Jay,

Thank you for your comments. We are always interested in our guests impression and appreciate being made aware of their experiences.

I am glad that you had a good stay with us and enjoyed alot of our amenities. We take alot of pride in our hotel and the service we deliver.

I will make sure that your comments are shared with the entire staff, with a special focus on food service and praise for housekeeping.

Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Greg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Nothing bad to say about this hotel. Staff was fantastic. Nothing more to say. I don’t understand why the site has a minimum of 200 characters. I am a man of few words and I think I made my point with ~46 characters.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 18, 2013

After leaving another hotel downtown because it was so bad, we checked into the Residence Inn.
Fireplace in the lobby, friendly staff, great rooms with plenty of space. Very clean rooms and well designed to accommodate the business traveler. What a great find! Less than 5 minutes from the Airport too, which was very convenient for my 5:45 am flight.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were nice and the staff friendly. We were accommodated by a late check out even though the hotel was full. We appreciated the consideration. Expect the usual comfiness found at these hotels.

Room Tip: Get one away from the road.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg B, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn in Charleston West Virginia.

We are always interested in our guests comments and appreciate being made aware of their experiences.

We take alot of pride in the service and product that we deliver. I will make sure that your comments will be shared with the entire staff durning our daily huddle.

Once again thank you for choosing Marriott. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Greg
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here because it was close to Linda's class reunion. Easy to get to and good (free) parking. The morning breakfast is very good and fresh. The room was better than expected with a dishwasher, nice size refrigerator, and all the supplies that you need. Good TV, bed, and couch. Will stay there again when we return to Charleston.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jeff W
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Travelling with 3 teenagers is difficult - it's hard to find hotels that can accommodate us all comfortably in one room. This Residence Inn was perfect for our needs - 2 separate bedrooms with a queen bed in each and a pull-out couch. The hotel was very clean and the beds were comfortable. Many restaurants within a 5-10 minute drive. Nice outdoor pool. They even have a basketball court and will let guests borrow a basketball from the front desk. The breakfast that is included is quite satisfactory and should have something to satisfy everyone from cereal to waffles to bagels to a couple of hot items. We only stayed one night on our drive home from a beach vacation, but we would certainly go back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gusphinney
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I picked this hotel for my boyfriend's birthday weekend and I was pretty satisfied with my choice. The hotel was very nice and clean despite going under some exterior renovations. We had a suite which was gorgeously decorated with bright patterns and textures. The hotel had asked me online for requests such as extra towels and pillows which I said "yes" to, but when I checked in they just placed me in a room so these extra amenities were not there. The breakfast was delicious with many options to choose from, hot and cold. One thing that I was not happy about was the extra charge placed on my debit card which was not disclosed to me. The hotel has a small "market" in the lobby with snack foods, drinks, and the like which can be ordered and brought to your room. When I check my debit card account I noticed the bill was $40 more than my emailed receipt said it would be; when I asked about my bill being much higher than expected they told me it was an automatic charge added to everyone's bill in case they ordered something from the market. Since I did not order anything the $40 was refunded (3 days after checkout!) but I still thought it was ridiculous I was not notified at all that I would be charged this extra amount.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple