“Residence Inn-always a good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Charleston

Residence Inn Charleston
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Indiana
“Residence Inn-always a good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Charleston, WV was my half-way point for a long drive. This property offered a military discount, which is always helpful to us. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite. The bedroom has a door to it and the bathroom is off of that room.
After a very long 7 hours in the car, we finally arrived and were treated to a friendly welcome and in addition, they were serving a barbeque chicken meal. So, nice that I did not have to get into the car again to go and look for a place to eat.
We were in room 308. For our family, who needs to carry all their own food with them, due to a child with food allergies, it's so helpful to have a full size refrigerator and freezer to store items, even for just one night.
The only problem with this room was that when I pulled the shower curtain closed, there was mold on the inside of the curtain. The housekeeping would only see that if they got into the shower to clean it.
I would have stayed on our return trip too, however, they didn't offer a military discount this time, so chose a different hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Billings, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed here for a month in 2012, it was okay up until the point where i was told i could not extend my stay another month, i was told that they were unable to extend it beyond 2 nights at a time, the next day i checked out and went to the Holiday Inn, where they gladly reserved me a room for a month.
P.S. the non existent water pressure makes it near impossible to take a comfortable shower, and the onsite laundry equipment does a poor job at best.

On the plus side; the housekeeping was very good.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I was in the Charleston area on business, and chose to stay at this quiet Residence Inn rather than in the downtown business district where the larget hotels and shopping mall are located. I found the rooms to be clean and comfortable, and the staff very attentive. I will say that the kitchen area of my suite appeared to be in need of some updates, but I didn't use that area of the room, so it did't bother me too much.

Breakfast and dinner at the hotel were both adequate.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank StevenVA
St. Augustine FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I had a one bedroom suite. It had two 32" flat screen tv's. The suite was clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable.

The hotel is just minutes away form the airport and they offer a shuttle. On Wednesday and Thursdays they offer a managers reception. Also they a very nice market, with a nice selection of beer and wines and snack food.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Lenoir, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I don't usually do reviews unless they are really good or really bad. Sorry to say this was not one of our best stays. We do a lot of Priceline vacations and have been to Charleston, WV lots of time before. We bid on a 3 star hotel and got the Residence Inn. The location is nice, away from town a bit and quiet, at least on the outside. We checked in just after 1 pm and got a single queen room (no kings available). Got to the room, looked out the window and straight at a wall. Ok, so we were not there for the view fortunately. The beds have been reviewed on this site before and we found it to be softer than we normally get in most hotels. The room was plenty big enough with the bed in an alcove off the main room. Full kitchen was nice. Big flat screen tv was nice also. Went to bed only to be awakened at 12:30 am by the noise from the room above ours. I had asked for a higher up room at check in for that reason but desk clerk said none were available. Seems the room above had a bunch of preteen kids (I guess) that were either doing gymnastics or trashing the room. Lots of screaming and bumps and thuds. This kept up for a while and we finally got back to sleep only to be woken again at 6:30 am by a large barking dog in a nearby room. I love pets but hate owners that go off to breakfast and leave them in the room to bark until they return. My wife commented that the walls seemed not to have much insulation. We could hear everything said in the halls from the comfort of our bed. For a 3 star we felt the breakfast also was a little sparse. Not bad but not great. So there it is. My review. As I said, I don't normally complain but I do expect a good nights sleep for the price of a room no matter where we stay but it didn't work out that way for us.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Bandit321
Sadieville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

My family of 5 stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for 2 nights during a December 2011 Swim Meet. The hotel's lobby was nice, as expected for a Residence Inn. Hotel employees were very welcoming and helpful and the cleaning personnel were Awesome!!

Our room was a 2 bedroom suite each with a queen size bed, the suite had 2 baths, a kitchen, foldout couch and gas log fireplace. And 3 flat screen LCD tv's.

Overall, the room was nice but dated. The concierge told me that the suites we're being updated next year. We'll see, cause next December (2012) we will stay again! A nice place to stay, clean, free parking and close to downtown without being right downtown.

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank Christopher N
Great Barrier Island, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

We began and ended our travels in West Virginia from this Hotel. Good location close to the Airport and nice and quiet. Good facilities.Much appreciated after long flight from New Zealand. Will certainly use this hotel should we return and highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple