Residence Inn by Marriott Charleston
$57
$189
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbedroom suitefull kitchenquiet areacouple milesliving areastayed longerwafflesfree breakfast in the morninga pet friendly hotelstayed for one nightdefinitely stay here againpull out couchbreakfast areanice hotelclose to downtowngreat place to stayshort drive
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I don't usually do reviews unless they are really good or really bad. Sorry to say this was not one of our best stays. We do a lot of Priceline vacations and have been to Charleston, WV lots of time before. We bid on a 3 star hotel and got the Residence Inn. The location is nice, away from town a bit and quiet, at least on the outside. We checked in just after 1 pm and got a single queen room (no kings available). Got to the room, looked out the window and straight at a wall. Ok, so we were not there for the view fortunately. The beds have been reviewed on this site before and we found it to be softer than we normally get in most hotels. The room was plenty big enough with the bed in an alcove off the main room. Full kitchen was nice. Big flat screen tv was nice also. Went to bed only to be awakened at 12:30 am by the noise from the room above ours. I had asked for a higher up room at check in for that reason but desk clerk said none were available. Seems the room above had a bunch of preteen kids (I guess) that were either doing gymnastics or trashing the room. Lots of screaming and bumps and thuds. This kept up for a while and we finally got back to sleep only to be woken again at 6:30 am by a large barking dog in a nearby room. I love pets but hate owners that go off to breakfast and leave them in the room to bark until they return. My wife commented that the walls seemed not to have much insulation. We could hear everything said in the halls from the comfort of our bed. For a 3 star we felt the breakfast also was a little sparse. Not bad but not great. So there it is. My review. As I said, I don't normally complain but I do expect a good nights sleep for the price of a room no matter where we stay but it didn't work out that way for us.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bandit321
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My family of 5 stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for 2 nights during a December 2011 Swim Meet. The hotel's lobby was nice, as expected for a Residence Inn. Hotel employees were very welcoming and helpful and the cleaning personnel were Awesome!!

Our room was a 2 bedroom suite each with a queen size bed, the suite had 2 baths, a kitchen, foldout couch and gas log fireplace. And 3 flat screen LCD tv's.

Overall, the room was nice but dated. The concierge told me that the suites we're being updated next year. We'll see, cause next December (2012) we will stay again! A nice place to stay, clean, free parking and close to downtown without being right downtown.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Christopher N
Reviewed December 16, 2011

We began and ended our travels in West Virginia from this Hotel. Good location close to the Airport and nice and quiet. Good facilities.Much appreciated after long flight from New Zealand. Will certainly use this hotel should we return and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I was in Charleston for my daughter's swim meet and stayed here for a couple of nights. Hotel was clean. Breakfast was okay and front desk service was really good. The person checking us in was very concerned about us having a good stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Marriott is also a good experience and this was no different.
I was very impressed with the desk staff, they remembered that we were there for my son to compete in a tennis tournament and inquired about his progress every time we passed by, making him feel like a superstar!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family