Charleston Capitol Hotel
  • Restaurant
Parsley Motor Inn(Charleston)
Sunset Motel(Charleston)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanfront desk staffstay there againthe staff was friendly and helpfuleasy accessbiscuits and gravyplenty of parkingstephaniedowntowninterstatemicrowaveconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 22, 2013

This place has to be a old Marriott hotel that finally wore out and instead of tearing it down, Marriott converted it into a Fairfield Inn. Big mistake. The property is old and worn, the rooms and baths are really small, the décor is dated, and the hallways stink. Can't believe that Marriott would try to pass this place off as a Fairfield as I normally will go out of my way to stay at a Marriott branded motel.
In addition, looking at the neighborhood where this place is located, I would not dare to go outside after dark as it is located in downtown Charleston which is very old and deteriorating with many vacant building and small groups of people standing around on the street corners and alleys.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler491
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Charleston WV was a convenient in between spot to meet with some of our family. This hotel was affordable and located in the heart of the city. The facilities are showing a little wear and tear although the hotel was near and tidy. Caring and helpful staff that was always ready to help.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank RobfromWL
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel is located in an area of the city that does not appear safe due to several "mission properties" nearby and lots of loiterers. I worried about my car and when I walked to the Soho restaurant my person. The hallways are dark and cold and the general décor is shabby. The rate is high given the poor elevators, poor hallways etc. I will say the room was large and the heat worked. The bath featured a toilet that looked like a prison fixture. I am a Marriott loyalist and I am surprised they would let a property like this carry the name.

Room Tip: None are available.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank James C
Joshua G, Director of Sales at Charleston Capitol Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

James C, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your honest feedback. I apologize that you did not feel safe during your walk to SOHOs but can assure you we have never had any security issues at this location. I am glad you enjoyed the size of your room. If you would like to discuss your stay further, I would be happy to talk to you so we can remedy the situation. We do appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott brand and hope that would you give us a chance to serve you again.

JoshuaG@swhm.com
304.343.4661

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Fairfield Inn Charleston is centrally located near many restaurants and the Town Center Mall. My room was comfortable and clean though a bit small. There was a very good king size bed. Breakfast was of reasonable quality and had a good variety. One mishap, the room had no bath towels, a bit of a surprise when I took a shower assuming that they would be there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

areview28, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the king size bed. I do apologize that you did not receive bath towels in your room. I have taken this up with our housekeeping manager so she can remedy the situation so that it doesn't happen again. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Charleston, WV.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was not impressed with this hotel. The bathroom sink was pulling away from the counter and black flacks (mold?) was in the sink. The hallways were freezing cold even though it was in the 30s and 40 outside. Don't even get me started on the elevators! Small, creeky and rather swayed from side to side. I used the stairs. The staff was friendly and the lobby ok. Breakfast was also fine. Next time I will use something other than this establishment.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

sunfanAnnArbor, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that your stay was not an enjoyable one. I would like to further discuss this with you so I can have the opportunity to remedy the problem. I look forward to hearing from you and hope that you will give us another chance to serve you again in the future.

304.343.4661