“Nice facility, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Charleston Capitol Hotel

Charleston Capitol Hotel
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Charleston
Beaumont, TX
“Nice facility, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel is an older property but is very clean. The lobby is very nice and there were cookies and apples available when we arrived. There is ample parking and the lot is well lit. The location is within walking distance of the downtown businesses and restaurants.

But the best attribute of the hotel is the front desk staff. Heather and Kristen went out of their way to provide recommendations and directions to the downtown locations. I would definately stay there again!

• 5 of 5 stars
Joshua G, Director of Sales at Charleston Capitol Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Scott H, thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed the fresh cookies and apples upon your arrival. I am glad the front desk staff was able to provide you directions to all of our local eateries and attractions. We look forward to serving you again during your next visit to Charleston, WV.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Ventura, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Heather, She greeted us when we first arrived made us feel like we where at home. Heather's knowledge of the area helped us navigate the city very well.

Everything was so close! We walked to the carriage trail and to Capital Market. I believe SOHO restaurant was on the food network as a must stop. This hotel is also directly across the street form the science center. This hotel had a full breakfast every morning with fresh cookies everyday! Once again if you stay say hello to Heather she made are stay supper easy!
Thanks will stay here again for sure!!!!

Room Tip: Room facing toward Washington Blvd.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Joshua G, Director of Sales at Charleston Capitol Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Janette P, thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We apprecaite your comments regarding the friendly staff and clean rooms. We are glad you could enjoy the local attractions during your stay in Charleston. We look forward to serving you again.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel is an older building but was well maintained and clean. Large parking lot that is well lit. The room was nothing to write home about but it was clean. There was a strange smell but I think it might have been from the cleaning products used in the room.

What stood out to me in this hotel is the customer services and friendliness of the staff. Everyone was incredibly friendly with a smile on their face. It made me feel like they would go out of their way to make you comfortable. Amenities you forgot can be found at the front desk and they serve a free breakfast in the morning. WiFi is free as well.

I wouldn't say this property is a 15,000 Marriott property - for that I was disappointed.

1 Thank PrettyLittleCeliac
Joshua G, Director of Sales at Charleston Capitol Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
PrettyLittleCeliac, thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your honest comments and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the smell in the room and will notify the housekeeping manager so she can check into this matter. I understand your concern regarding the number of points it takes for a nights stay. If you would like to discuss this with me, I would be happy to do so. Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We choose Fairfield Inn and Suites for their non-smoking policy. This was a typical Fairfield hotel - large room , two beds, excellent bedding, clean, great decorum ( in a typical Fairfield color scheme). But no fridge and no microwave ( as in others Fairfield Inn hotels), Ample, excellent breakfast. We enjoyed the pool and Jacuzzi - rather small, but well maintained and very welcomed after a long travel day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Joshua G, Director of Sales at Charleston Capitol Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Maria N, thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the great review and comments. We are currently in the process of getting fridges and microwaves in more of our rooms. The next time you are in Charleston, please contact me directly and I will be sure to get you a room with those accommodations.
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Well the staff, from the front desk was very accommodating. Rooms were clean and very nice . I was over whelmed when I asked about obtaining iPhone 5 charger Since I left my ac one at the office, and the asst mgr Josh, Offered to obtain one for me avoiding inconvenience of charging only from my auto. :). I would highly recommend the hotel ,and will stay there in the future. Felipe

• 5 of 5 stars
Joshua G, Director of Sales at Charleston Capitol Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the hotel stay during your birthday visit and that we were able to help you out wtih your cell phone charger situation. We look forward to serving you again during your next visit to Charleston.
Elkview,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Everyone was very nice and very willing to help. The room was set-up exactly as we wanted and the staff was very quick to respond to us when we had a change to be made. I'm sure we will be going back there in the future for additional meetings. Kudos to Josh Gross who was very exceptional in responding to our requests.

Thanks for making our meeting a great one.

Carla Wisman
WV EMS TSN, Inc.
4921 Elk River Road
Elkview, WV 25071
Email: cwisman@wvemstsn.net

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Joshua G, Director of Sales at Charleston Capitol Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Carla W, thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and the excellent review. We look forward to serving you and your company with future meetings and overnight accommodations.
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a sub-par Fairfield Inn on a pure facility basis. The location is sketchy and the rooms are worn and tired. The wallpaper was lumpy and peeling, the bed linens were thin, and the towels were dingy. The elevators were small and creaky, and one was out of service when I was there. The breakfast was standard inexpensive hotel fare. In fairness, a great restaurant/market area is very close, with a good Italian place, a farmers' market, wine shop, and seafood and meat markets.

The staff and management are generally friendly and helpful. When I told the front desk at checkout about a minor issue, the manager overheard and offered me points for my trouble.

Room Tip: Ask for a city view room away from the elevator and icemaker. I did, but got a parking lot/freeway...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Joshua G, Director of Sales at Charleston Capitol Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Frweaver, thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize that your stay was not up to standard. If you are back in Charleston and need accommodations, please contact me directly and I will assure you a better stay.