Charleston Capitol Hotel
$145
$115
Travelocity
$102
All reviewsroom was cleanfront desk staffstay there againthe staff was friendly and helpfuleasy accessbiscuits and gravyplenty of parkingstephaniedowntowninterstatemicrowaveconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I am a long time Marriott customer that has stayed at all levels of their properties. This hotel is just not up to Marriott standards. The facility is old. The hallways are dark and musty. The room was clean but had an overpowering odor of artificial scent. The beds were very comfortable but the bathroom was small and badly in need of an update. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast area was clean and modern. A major problem was the parking area which appeared to be a public lot across from the entrance. It was lighted but It was a bit scary at night. If you need to stay in Charleston I would pass on this Fairfield Inn

Room Tip: Avoid room 212. It is above lobby entrance where people smoke and talk all night
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was surprised by how great our stay was. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast had eggs, bacon and waffles instead of just yogurt and bagels. The location was easy to find and there was free parking. The rooms were clean and well-decorated. I would absolutely stay here again if I was in Charleston!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times and never really wanted to be critical b/c the staff is awesome. They do the best they can, but you can't put makeup on a pig....I'm not equating this hotel to a pig, but in the past 5 yrs the condition of the property has dropped. I had a "city-view" room but there was too much condensation to even see anything. The power outlets in the lamp were broken. That's tough when u have an iphone. Ipad, and I needed the lamp on. So I plugged my phone in the bathroom. Anyway, the bathroom was okay, just tired. I'm a marriott PP rewards member so when I come in I wish there was another option before the new courtyard opens. The marriott is old, tired and over priced. I do not care for res inns. So, I believe if the fairfield would update then they would see more travelers and meetings.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank imabuki
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The location is pretty good and the staff is always friendly. That being said, the hotel is not the cleanest. It also isn't updated, but in reality this is Marriott's lower tier brand, so it is what it is. Overall is isn't a bad value.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013

This hotel has a good location but is very dated. The hotel staff are very friendly, helpful and always smiling. The room and common area are old but clean. The room I was in was again clean but the wallpaper was pulling apart in more areas than I can mention and my blackout curtain had alot of holes in it. In spite of this I would stay her again because I really feel they are doing the best they can for what they have to work with. Don't confuse old with unclean because that is not the case but if you are used to staying at the newer Fairfield offering you will be turned off by this property. The hotel could use a complete remodel. Breakfast was a complete suprise with hot food and an expanded offering I have not seen in any Fairfield Inn including the new ones.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business