“Surprised, seafood chimi”

Las Trancas Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 278 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 24, 2012

other restaurants packed, seated immediately, prompt service and low price--had the seafood chimi twice

There are newer reviews for Las Trancas Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed August 23, 2012

First time here, I ordered take-out. I arrived about 20 min after I ordered by phone. They said this is when it will be ready. Got there and waited for another 20 min to get food. Got it back to hotel to eat, less than a min away. Food was ice cold!

Second visit, dined in. Server was so preoccupied with the table with many guests (guessing because he will get a larger tip if he satisfies them). Waited an hour or more for our food! Took forever just to get server to finally take our order. Ordered a refill on drink, which we never received. Restaurant was only mildly busy aside from one table with about 10 guests. And, I have never, ever had to wait an hour for Mexican food! I would excuse it if the quality was 100%, but it was most definitely NOT. I am not a picky person, but I felt the need to review this one!

1  Thank Erica M
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was a very good mexican restaurant. The atmosphere was very nice, service was prompt, food was good. I loved the salsa. I would eat here again for sure.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

The menu is large and the food is great! The staff does an excellent job and the dining area is always clean. I got a draft beer and it was the coldest that I have ever had as ice was forming in the glass. No complaints here!

Reviewed November 5, 2011

The best service in town! Food prices were very reasonable and the food was good. Inviting decor.