“Excellent value in Charleston”

Days Inn Charleston East
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Berea, Kentucky
“Excellent value in Charleston”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I'm never sure what I'm going to get when I reserve a room at a Days Inn. I don't know when this hotel was built, but it looks new, and management seems to want to keep it looking that way. It offers the traveler the reasonable price of a Days Inn and a room that is as clean and comfortable as any Days Inn room I've stayed in. Everything was in perfect working order. Additionally, I got friendly and attentive service from every employee with whom I interacted. In short, this establishment offers excellent value. I will return here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Eustorgio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Midlothian, VA
Reviewed November 14, 2010

I first came across this hotel while passing through over two years ago and now stay here whenever I'm in the area. The hotel may not seem like much on the outside, but the rooms inside have been newly renovated and look really nice. On my recent visit, the bed was still very comfortable and the linens were all clean. Amenties include cable TV, free wi-fi and a coffeemaker. There is also an outdoor pool and a fitness center but I didn't use either one. The breakfast is typical fare, but there is a McDonald's in front of the hotel as well as plenty of other dining options nearby (I personally prefer the Texas Steakhouse across the street). The surrounding area seems pretty safe and the staff are friendly, making this my preferred stop whenever I'm in Charleston. It works perfectly well for a one-night stay and is conveniently located off of the WV Turnpike. You can't go wrong by staying here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Marion, Indiana
Reviewed August 23, 2010

This was a great clean motel. Very friendly staff, secure buildings, great rooms and the beds & pillows were very comfortable. Breakfast was very good and clean area. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MOMUSMC
Charleston, SC
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I stayed at this hotel overnight on the way home to SC from Ohio. We checked late at night and the staff were nice and welcoming and were quick to get is in a room. There isn't much parking. Most of the guest were overnight while on the road like we were and my 6 am the parking lot was pretty much empty. For a 1 night stay it wasnt to bad. I didnt like how the stairs to the 2nd story were outside and there wasnt a elevator. I didnt feel safe to tell you the truth. It was easy to get on and off the interstate though which is a plus. If you just staying 1 night while on the road its good place to stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Elkhart, IN
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I heard they just redid the hotel. Nice staff and clean. Could use new carpet in room but that might still be coming. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank pennylaneElkhart_IN
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I stay in South Charleston for business 3 to 10 nights every month. Over a 5-year period I frequently stayed at this place because the other hotels/motels in the area were either dumps or just too expensive. But I have had my fill with the incompetent management of this place. I stayed at this place dozens of times and they managed to totally screw up something every single time. They NEVER got my reservation right, not once. Most commonly they woke me up to inform me that I was over-staying and had to check out -- despite the fact that I had already paid them for 1 or 2 or 3 more days of lodging. The breakfast is utterly terrible. The rooms are just "okay." The management is INCOMPETENT. This place just isn't worth the hassle. For a motel in the same area and in a similar price range, try the Red Roof Inn just a 1/4-mile down the road.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We were on a 7 day trip with stops at 4 separate hotels. Some were planned - others we selected once we got to town This was the best of any of them in this rate category - $60 - $80/night. The desk attendant was courteous, and gave us a good rate without a reservation. Our room was clean and fresh. The bed was comfortable and many ammenities were provided including an iron and ironing board, hair dryer, coffee maker - noting these because in some of the other hotels, they weren't in the room, but were available at the front desk. This room also had a sofa, coffee table, microwave, refrigerator, and a rolling desk chair, and free wifi. There's an outdoor pool that looks very nice but it was too cool outside for us to use it. The walls may be thin. No one was right by us but I could hear doors closing and people as they passed through the hallway outside our room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple