“Good place to stay; clean, value priced, courteous service.”

Days Inn Charleston East
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
ohio
“Good place to stay; clean, value priced, courteous service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2009

Stopped to overnight on a long trip home...tricky to get to due to ramps from 77north...value priced ($66 on a Sat. night), courteous service, decent continental breakfast...surprised room had a microwave and frig :) ...my main concern is always cleaniness, and this motel / room was clean :) Resturants, fuel, etc close by.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Brunswick OH, Mooresville NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2009

This hotel is definately the best value in Charleston. Comfortable beds, Clean, every time I visit there in something else they have added that is new. The staff is very friendly and manager Tim is very involved and professional. Any problems I have ever had which are few were taken care of swiftly. We visit here about 1x per month and wouldn't stay anywhere else. Its right on the river, quiet, and comfortable. There is a McDonalds, IHOP, Texas Steakhouse and 2 gas stations within walking distance. Its surrounding area isnt the most atttractive area but the hotel is really great for a budget hotel and the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

We checked into this motel with the expectation of getting our "reward"- in other words, something rather nice in exchange for having participated in Wyndham's point program, and having frequented their hotel/motel chain. Well, I was suprised alright, just not in as pleasant a way as I would have liked. The carpeting and the walls are old- you can tell by looking at them the carpets are at least 20 years old. A fresh coat of paint and new flooring would greatly improve this place. The maids in the hallway cleaning can be heard clearly, they tend to leave trash laying on the floor behind their cart as well. The television seems to have volume problems on certain channels, (such as HBO) even all the way up it is still not very loud. Water running and being turned off in the next room (or across the hall) can be heard clearly. There is no alarm clock in the room as stated was in all rooms.
On the good side, there is a view of the river out of our third floor room, the air conditioner works, the room appeared fairly clean, (could have used a few touch ups, but nothing drastic. The front desk clerk who checked us in was fairly accomodating when we arrived early, and I explained that the Wyndham Rewards site had incorrectly interpreted my request for a smoking room, (as well as continuously giving me the wrong dates by the time I had reached the checkout page- causing me to have to cancel the first reservation and redo it- a very time consuming process), the clerk got us into a smoking room as I'd requested without having to wait until 2 pm or later until the other rooms were cleaned. Having been on the road since very early, waiting once we arrived was not a pleasant prospect, and I appreciated her getting us in.
Overhall, the shape of this hotel is not at all what one would expect from the motel webpage, nor is it what one would expect to get as your 'reward' from Wyndham for having been a paying guest for so many years at their various motels in the chain as we have. Overall, I am disappointed, to say the least. I see why it is a 'tier 1'. Wyndham Rewards should be ashamed of themselves. They should try to improve their properties, or lower their rates. I didn't have much of a choice as to where to pick my free night, given the route that we had to take, and Wyndham's point scale. I am not happy with them, moreso than I am not happy with the motel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

It was late, dark and I was tired. So I went on reputation alone and chose this hotel. Bad choice! The girl at the desk was rude. No "Welcome to Days Inn" or "How may I help you?" I inquired about a room for me and my 13 year old son, non smoking, and the next thing she said was, "I need your ID." OK. So I put up with her non smiling, non friendly attitude and got a room. It was a non smoking room, alright, but as soon as we got off the filthy elevator, we could smell cigarette smoke. We get into the room and the first thing I was was an ashtray. But since the room didn't smell, we didn't complain. Basically the beds were OK and the bathroom was clean. The ice machine on our floor didn't work and we had to go down to the first floor for ice. The next morning, I started the coffee maker and the on/off switch had a short and it sparked before working. The continental breakfast (no eggs, sausage, etc) was OK but you had to walk across the parking lot to the front desk building to get there. Good thing it wasn't pouring rain out!
DO NOT STAY HERE! It is not worth the $75 we had to pay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Litchfield Park, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

This is not a place to bring your family trust me. We are relocating to a new assignment, and we stopped here after a long drive. there were hooligans partying through the night. After notifying the manager twice, we had to scream at them outside the room into the hallway twice. the rooms are not bad, with new beds. its a basic set up with two double beds, tv, micro, mini-fridge. check out is at 11AM. You can see the Kanawha River right behind the hotel. The breakfast is basic with bagels, toast, cereal and some coffee. Overall I would not recommend this place for a quietnight. the walls are very thin and you can hear the plumbing from above you. They are pet friendly however charging $15 per pet.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Detroit
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2009

Called personally and asked about Wheelchair Accessible Rooms. I was assured they were accessible with a large bathroom & roll in shower. Good thing I had my husband and not my female nurse. In order to get in we had to put all the furniture that could be moved onto the 2nd bed. The beds were way to high to transfer back from my shower chair. I'm fortunate to have a w/c w/ the up/down control. The toilet came out to the middle of the bathroom, so you couldn't get under the vanity to the sink to brush teeth, wash face, hands etc. The door, when opened, was a few inches from the toilet, so I had to be put into the shower to shut the bathroom door. The shower was very small. There was less than an inch to spare to get by toilet to get into the shower. Had to pick up the shower chair with me in it, to get it sideways, then it did not fit. 1/2 the chair stuck out. After the shower, there was at least 2 to 3 inches of water on the floor. We put back the furniture so the maid would not get stuck doing it. The only good thing is they did not charge us more money for checking out 15 min. late. I would of paid double to not have gone through all this trouble. If I was alone, I would have been looking for a new room at 11:30pm. The room was a real nightmare! Makes a paraplegic afraid to travel.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — It was not wheelchair accessible although it was advertised as & I was told it was
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
cHarlotte
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2008

Have stayed at other Days Inn properties, but this one is really sub-standard. Made it clear in the reservation comments that we needed a handicap King with a sleeper sofa or rollaway. Arrived at 12:15am after driving 13 hrs. Asked about the sleeper when I checked in and was told "No problem. It has the sleeper sofa, but I can wake someone up and get you a rollaway". Got to the room - no sofa at all, lock on the entrance door to building had been vandalized so anyone could walk inside. It smelled like sweat & cigarette smoke and it was grimy. Called the front desk about no sofa, but was told the maintenance man had gone home and no one else had the key to where the rollaways were kept! Offered us a regular room w/ 2 double beds or we could stay where we were. After some words, the 'manager' appeared with a rollaway that had dirty sheets and a matteress with 2 springs ready to poke through. The bathroom only had one set of towels and I would have to go back to the front desk if I wanted enough for the 3 of us.
At this point, I just slept with my clothes on and realized many of the other reviews I'd read were not glowing for a good reason. Next morning we were so pleasantly surprised to find the bathroom door wouldn't stay closed and the shower floor was slanted away from the floor drain so much of the water ran out into the bathroom, soaking anything on the floor.

• Liked — water pressure, pleanty of hot water
  • Disliked — just about everything else
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)