“Cheap-but clean” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Charleston East

Days Inn Charleston East
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Charleston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I don't recommend staying at this overpriced location. After driving 10 hours and checking in, the first thing we noticed upon arrival is brown ring around the toilet bowl that appeared to be a water line that can become permanent in alot of toilets. I grabbed a wash cloth to see if it was easily removable and I wiped a spot off from the ring. This was simply a lack of housekeeping taking the time to clean the bowl daily. Unacceptable! Next, and the most inconvenient part was the fact that the reservoir on the toilet would not refill when flushed. We called the front desk and maintenance had already left for the evening. Front desk offered to switch us to a handicapped room which would have been inconvenient in two ways...one, we would have to transfer alot of luggage and two, we are both over 6'0" and would be inconvenienced by things being lowered to be handicapped accessible. So we said we would stay and each time we had to use the toilet, we had to fill up two bathroom trash cans full of water and pour in the tank. Next up is that the water pipes are so loud from neighbors taking showers or flushing toilets that it woke us up at 7am and couldn't go back to sleep until they were finished. Next...we had no control over the heat temperature. When you turn the heat on, you couldn't adjust the temperature. Next...the remote control didn't work and finally...the front desk and lobby are inconveniently located across the parking lot from the buildings.

Upon waking up, I went to the front desk to voice my opinion and the general manager Tim apologized for everything but would only offer a 25% refund which was $15.50. I feel that this hassle was worth a full refund. I purchased two rooms for our people and the lack of eagerness to rectify this situation was unacceptable. I told Tim that this property is overpriced and that I will never stay at this Days Inn again when traveling through Charleston. When I asked for a regional manager or owner's number her replied that this location is owned by a group of Indian gentleman who only come only once a year and have no office and no phone number I could get. In this case, I would think a full refund would have been a minor expense for a business to keep a customer satisfied especially in the hospitality industry but after all, this is 2013 and the customer service industry is out the window. Welcome to West Virginia, my friends! Good luck!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in building 3. Wow what a nice surprise . Comfortable beds ,spacious rooms and very clean I might add . I was happy to have stayed here . The breakfast area is bigger than the avg. you may be use to seeing .

• Stayed March 2013