“Great Food, Even better Server”

Adelphia Sports Bar & Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Adelphia Sports Bar & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 286 Restaurants in Charleston
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

The food at Adelphia was a very pleasant surprise. Not only a selection for the carnivore in my life but a nice selection of Vegetarian dishes. Try the Veggie Gyro it is delicious and the fries are excellent. Our server Regan was extremely helpful and very attentive.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was very disappointed in my overall experience at Adelphia. Although the crowd was small, just getting our. Drink order taken was a major task. We were asked if we wanted a menu. Huh. Started to quip that I would just guess at what they had to offer. Ribs was the special and they tasted like they had been just sitting in a warming tray for days. Quality poor with equally poor tasting sauce. Selections had by the others were marginally acceptable. Beer was just beer so it was the redeeming factor. There was a local band playing that sounded fine but noise level was much higher than could be enjoyed. Those folks sitting in close proximity to the band and were totally hammered too the point that they were oblivious to the noise level. My son works downtown and has been there a couple of times and said the god has been much better on other occasions. That lends itself to inconsistency issues but I will give them the benefit. Of the doubt. I am willing to give it another try on my next visit just to be fair.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Although this restaurant bills itself as a Greek type sports bar, the truth is that it is far more sports bar than Greek, which is fine. So don't go in expecting much in the way of a selection of Greek food on the menu other than the standard Greek dishes you could find in a diner. Having said that, this is a cheerful airy place, with a lively atmosphere and a helpful set of waiters and waitresses. The food is good, and the prices are right. There are happy hour prices on the beer until 7, so if you are seated by then you will get a discount. You won't go wrong.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Te Greek chicken dinner is very good!!
My husband loves the turkey burger. This is his favorite place to eat.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Recommended by the staff at our hotel for their hot wings, we decided to give them a try.
Staffing could be a little larger for the supper crowd, but the wings were excellent.
Our waitress hinted that mixing the Adelphia Signature sauce and their regular hot sauce would be worth trying and she was right.
Get there before 5 PM if possible, it fills up quickly and folks line up outside for seating.
Great place to eat.