“Nothing special”

Ranked #1 of 279 Restaurants in Charleston
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My family and I (including 2 small children) went to Pies and Pints in Charleston. My husband has been raving about it since he went to the original near Beckley in September. This one is a very small restaurant. The atmosphere seems very trendy. It was the place to be on the night we were there. We waited for 20 mins for a table. We had our infant daughter with us. The host wanted to seat us at a booth, fully expecting us to put the car seat in the booth. I told him it will not fit without moving the table, which is bolted to the floor. They apologized and had us wait another 20 minutes for a new seat. We were finally seated all the way in the back. They have and interesting assortment of pizza choices. Nothing that really interested me. I like my basic cheese and pepperoni. Service was very slow. It took nearly an hour for pizza skins and 2 small pizzas. Not the type of wait we were hoping for with a three year old to entertain. The pizza skins were good but they put a huge blob of sour cream in the center. I do not like sour cream so ended up having to cut around it. The pizzas themselves were nothing special and over priced. I was pretty disappointed. My husband was too. He says the one near Beckley is much better.
Overall, not a place I will go back to any time soon.

1  Thank wvugirl2005

Reviewed March 29, 2012

But my favorite part of the meal was the rosemary and goat cheese appetizer. Great service but packed when a special event is in town.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I was visiting Charleston for business, and looked at online reviews for guidance for a fun spot for dinner. (I always try to go to the spot the locals go to experience each town). Pies and Pints exceeded my expectations!
First off, the location is great. It is in the middle of a cute downtown district on Capitol Street that also includes a local bookstore (with coffee and wireless!) and an ice cream shop. Exactly the type of areas I like to experience.
The pizza menu is creative and well executed. Great crust, and the small is reasonable for one person (you may have a little left over). Everyone there was a local and a regular. I didn't get a chance to try Lolas (closed on Mondays and lunches) so I can't compare the two, but I'd say you can't go wrong here.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

they are in fayetteville and charleston, love the pizza and atmosphere both locations

Reviewed March 21, 2012

This place ha the best pizza. They have so many differed types of nontraditional pizzas. They have a wide variety of beer- even the non beer drinker can find one. The nachos are probably my favorite though and they'd feed two people alone. It's a bit loud so prepare to yell to talk to your group.