“Excellent Dining Experience”

Ranked #13 of 277 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: South Hills Market and Cafe serves lunch and dinner in the dining area and at the bar Tuesday - Saturday. Catering available for any occasion. Full bar, craft brews on tap, and a 2014 & 2015 Wine Spectator Award winning wine list.
Rochester NY
“Excellent Dining Experience”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to Charleston, West Virginia. We checked out reviews on Trip Advisor. Let's just say this was a great find. We were very impressed with the quality of the food and the presentation. Our server was friendly and helpful. We especially liked the fact that we were not rushed. Don't let the name "Market" scare you away. It is not a market; rather a unique culinary experience. We are not Charleston residents, but if we were, this would definitely be one of our favorite restaurants. Bon Appetit !

Visited October 2013

“Favorite place to eat in Charleston”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The food and menu are amazing. First class food from a creative chef. I really think it is the best place to take a date in Charleston.

1 Thank youngg01
Hell, Michigan
“Great gem of a restaurant in Charleston”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I'm adding my notes from my Agust work trip to Charleston. I wanted good coffee and I wanted a good salad and I found both here. This has a different vibe compared to most of the restaurants I've been to or seen in Charleston because it isn't a chain and it has the personality of what you would find in a more cosmopolitan area. My salad was excellent with a variety of fresh greens, toasted nuts, goat cheese, and other vegetables. The coffee and muffin were also tasty and satisfied what I craved. Service was good and I'll gladly return and eat here next time I'm in Charleston.

1 Thank trbeer
“Skilled chef, sublime food, despite a non-pretentious restaurant appearance.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

We had the seafood risotto and scallops, outstanding. Looks are deceiving, food surpassed our great expectation. It's our favorite charleston restaurant now, for the caliber of the food

• Visited September 2013
Charleston, West Virginia
“Very nice staff, average food”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Went with my husband fairly late on a Friday night and was very pleased with the staff member who greeted and helped us. He was very knowledgeable about the menu and willing to answer all our questions.

The food, though, was really not worth the high price. That isn't to say it was bad, but when you pay $60 for a meal for two mostly consisting of the appetizers you really expect them to be phenomenal and they just weren't.

2 Thank Sasha S