“Small place, Great food, EXCELLENT service” 5 of 5 bubbles

South Hills Market and Cafe
Ranked #12 of 274 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Fusion, American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: South Hills Market and Cafe serves lunch and dinner in the dining area and at the bar Tuesday - Saturday. Catering available for any occasion. Full bar, craft brews on tap, and a 2014 & 2015 Wine Spectator Award winning wine list.
Charleston, WV
“Small place, Great food, EXCELLENT service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Dinner for two. Table was waiting. Great menu with more choices than most places, all gourmet. Great service and the food was excellent. I recommend.

2 Thank Mike S

Portsmouth, Ohio
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My friend and I had a delicious take out lunch from here today. There was an omission from our order but our food was so awesome and filling we didn't even notice. However, I received a voicemail from a few hours later from the Cafe apologizing for the error and inquiring what they could do to make it right. So not only am I enamored with their food thus far; now I find their attention to customer service an attractive quality as well. Also they have delicious cookies as big as your face :)

2 Thank TheLoneGunmen
Charleston, West Virginia
“B+ but would have been an A with a few differences”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had dinner with 3 others and our reservation was at 6:30. We were promptly seated and our server, Brandon, appeared quickly with water and ready for our drink order. The menu is impressive and the chef uses local, fresh ingredients. The Mac n cheese and the greens are my favorite sides - delicious. I had roasted chicken and the others at my table had steaks, ribeye and filets. The entrees were simply fabulous. All cooked perfect except one steak was prepared a little too rare and it was promptly corrected. For dessert the Creme Brûlée was fantastic and coffe was freshly ground and brewed. Wonderful evening with good friends. I would highly recommend this restaurant. My one complaint is the wine list. Would like to see this updated. They also did not have the first bottle we selected in inventory so we were a little disappointed. They do have some decent beers by the bottle and a full bar. However I like a nice bottle of red wine with dinner and I struggle to find one here that I like at a reasonable price which I label at $70 or less. Brandon was a very good server and everyone in my party noted his attentiveness. All in all a great meal and evening.

2 Thank Lori C
Charleston, West Virginia
“Cozy neighborhood place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have dined here a few times recently, and have consistently had good meals. It is fairly quiet, which makes it a great place to meet with friends. There is a good variety of choices on the menu. The steaks are as good as any in town, and several seafood dishes are good and well-presented. And, if you just want a burger, try one the kobe burgers, which are excellent. It seems like the servers stay pretty busy. Service has been decent, but sometimes inconsistent. For example, it would be better if they anticipate our needs, rather than asking if we need more water.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hurricane, WV
“Favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food and service is exceptional! We finally decided to try dinner and its frankly impressive. The expanded menu offers something for everyone. The least expensive thing is the truffle popcorn and its so delicious.

We loved the lobster quesidilla, steak various seafood dinners and even the burgers.

The problem lies with saving room for dessert. I'm ok skipping the sweets but everyone else wasn't. Creme brûlée was apparently fantastic. We had several people and still didn't wait long on our food.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank flt587

Been to South Hills Market and Cafe? Share your experiences!