“Not Good!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I had been wanting to try Indian cuisine for some time, so when I read the reviews on this site, I was excited to try it. My husband and I love to eat in new restaurants and love almost all types of cuisines, we are not picky eaters. We went on a Sunday afternoon, they had the buffet and since the price was very reasonable and other reviewers had given the buffet a good recommendation we went with that. Service was polite, friendly and fairly good, although we didn't feel as though our drinks were being filled quite as fast as we wanted, and they weren't even busy!

The food was okay at best, the beef had some decent flavors, but it was dry. There was a goat dish on the buffet, but we didn't try it, there was not a lot of options, maybe 3 meat courses,a few sides and a few desserts. Also, a lot of the foods weren't labeled, so you just guessed at what you were getting. At the dessert area, there seemed to be some kind of fried dough in a white sauce, I assumed it was a coconut sauce (again nothing at the dessert area was labeled) I got it and it was NOT dessert, it actually tasted terrible whatever it was, my husband tasted it and he almost spit it out. I have a pretty good palate, but I couldn't make sense of the taste in that dish, even if it wasn't supposed to be dessert, it still was ....well really nasty.

My husband, nor I could understand the glowing reports that this place gets. We will not be going back.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

We often stop overnight in Charleston, WV when we are driving to or from Ohio. Little India is the best restaurant we've found in Charleston. The staff is very helpful in selecting dishes, and they can make it less spicy if you wish.

1  Thank lynnhuffman
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Little India has great food and service. The lunch buffet is $8 and offers quite a few selections. I recommend this place highly to anyone who likes Indian cuisine.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

We went to India on vacation for 3 weeks. We dined at Little India in July, 2011. The vegetable biryani was better than what we had in India--absolutely perfect with vegetables, raisins, and nuts. I ordered medium hot and it was spicy hot! The raita had huge chunks of cucumber. The portions are heaping. Excellent authenic Indian menu.

2  Thank Hoosier55
Reviewed June 10, 2011

During an extended stay in Charleston, I ate lunch here usually once a week. They have a very good, reasonably priced all-you-can eat buffet.

1  Thank Stone711