“Good food, bad service”
Review of Vandalia Grille - CLOSED

Vandalia Grille
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I hate to give a bad review, usually if I don't have anything nice to say I try not to say anything at all, but our experience here has to be the worst service I've ever had. I will say the food was good. Unfortunately the poor service will keep us from ever visiting again. We've been here three times and each time the service was worse than the previous time. We had the same server every time. She threw the menus on the table, never said hi, and acted as if we were an inconvenience. I was afraid to ask for anything. As someone who has served before, I always give servers the benefit of the doubt, but I couldn't find an acceptable excuse for the poor service. I'm guessing if you don't have the same server we had, your experience may be better. The last time we were there one of the cooks started a conversation with us, and I only wished our server was half as friendly as him. So kudos to the cooks!

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Restaurant recommended by hotel employee, seated ourselves. Greeted and seated and it went south from there. H20 took 15 min, waitress ran to the table yet ran away without listening. One of the entrees was not what was ordered, one was dry and overall food was mediocre. Walked up to the open air line to request olive oil for the dry pasta and was finally greeted by a cook on the phone with "what's up dude"? He didn't know if the establishment even had olive oil. Another table during our STAY seemed obviously upset getting up to look for their waitress and dinner. All in all, was anyone in charge? Good luck.

1  Thank timinlostriver
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Service is slow but thats because I go on lunch hour noon but food is A++ very friendly staff and clean I enjoy everything about it

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Was just okay. The sausage and peppers, I can say I have had better sauce from a jar. Lots of burgers. My salad sounded upscale but was just average. $45 for a mediocre lunch for 3 people. I won't return.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Food was yummy when we went. Staff was friendly and prompt. Would go back again if back in the Charleston area!