“Casual with great food”
Review of Vandalia Grille - CLOSED

Vandalia Grille
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great atmosphere, great food, friendly staff and customers. A great place to relax and enjoy a casual dinner. I highly recommend trying this restaurant.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was excited to try this restaurant because my parents had eaten there before and enjoyed it. My mother, a friend, my 3-yr old and I went there yesterday for lunch. I will say I did not ask for a children's menu, but I did not see one on the menu nor was I offered one. Therefore instead of trying something different like one of their good sounding sandwiches I got the Amish pizza. It was listed as a grilled pizza with cheese and I thought it was something that my son would eat so I got it to share with him. My mother got a salad and the sweet potato fries and my friend ordered the Amish pizza as I did. My mother's salad was good and the sweet potato fries were ok, I thought they could have been crisper. Back to the pizzas, there was no sauce on them, this might have been on the menu but I missed it if it was. Our pizzas were cold, the cheese was not melty at all when you tore apart your pieces to eat them. I would have rathered paid less money at another local pizza place and gotten their breadsticks with cheese. It would have been close to the same, but would have tasted better and cost less. We were there during the lunchtime rush and had to wait a long time for our food, especially for it to come out cold.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

A very pleasant surprise, especially after the directions lead you to the back door. Small menu with a some pleasant surprises. Beef tenderloin sliders was great. My husband had chicken stuffed with goat cheese and roasted vegetables. A jewel. Not much in the way of dessert but the food is excellent!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The Vandalia is a unique restaurant. It's varied menu "tapas" style always seems to please me and any guests I bring along. Some favorites include the "Hale street clucker chicken sandwich", the buffalo burger, the sweet potato fries.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

This is a cross between a sports bar, a brew pub and a gormet restaurant! The atmosphere is casual and fun. The chef keeps the menu fresh and interesting. It isn't your typical bar food!!! The location, close to the state capital is handy. They cater events too!