“YUMMMM!”

Ranked #22 of 278 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: An Urban Beach Bar & Grill serving house-prepared beach food, cold beer, and cocktails. Come join us on the deck! We also feature Buzztime trivia and sports on the tele!
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The fish tacos are fantastic! You can't beat the food or the price. If your fish ain't tricky then you ain't tryin'

There are newer reviews for Tricky Fish

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Decided to try something new in Charleston tired of the same old chains. Went in to tricky fish for lunch ! The place is small and decorated very differently. Kind of shabby. You order up front and they will either call your name or bring it to you on the patio. I got the catfish and the crispy chicken taco. The chicken was my favorite the red beans and rice tasted instant. We also got the hush puppies and they were awful you could tell the grease needed changed in the fryers by they way they looked and they had a horrible taste. Something different but most likely will not go back.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We took our 2 young nieces to Tricky Fish for lunch. We had hoped to eat at the Bluegrass Kitchen, owned by the same people, but it was Sunday and they were serving only brunch. The food at this place is incredible. Nothing fancy but good fresh seafood and great takes on Mexican dishes. I had 2 tacos-one shrimp and a mahi-mahi, both were very good with lots of fresh fish and tasty toppings. My wife and one niece had the monster burritos with chicken that were so huge both had to take some home. My other niece had the fried mahi-mahi which came out in a big basket with homemade chips and dipping sauce. The beer selection is large enough to find what you want and they have flavored sodas for the kids. We sat outside which was very nice but they also have nice inside seating. I would highly recommend this place for lunch or dinner for great tasting food and choices for even the picky eater in your group.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Best fish tacos from a state that has no ocean! Better than even those I had recently in California! And more affordable.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I ordered the fish tacos. I absolutely love fish tacos and try to order them where ever I can. This place, do not order them unless you like slimy fish. The seasoning and toppings on the tacos were good, but the fish was slimy. The atmosphere was okay. I would try this place again, but definitely order something different.