“Not Mom's, but OK” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aladdin Restaurant

Aladdin Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 274 Restaurants in Charleston
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Not Mom's, but OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

We were seated quickly and had a great waitress. The food was a little slow in coming out. It's almost unfair for me to review the Arabic food served (compared to my Mom's, who is known in our extended family as an excellent cook), but the hummus was pastey and bland, as was the baba ghanouge. The falafel was decent, but mild for my taste. The stuffed grape leaves were the best thing on the plate, but also were not as spiced as I'm used to. Overall, the experience is worth it for the novice Arabic food eater, and acceptable for the Arab who misses a home cooked meal.

Charleston, West Virginia
“Steaks are pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

The staff was very nice, service was a lil slow, food was excellent, lil pricey but stll over all woth the money.

Visited February 2012
Charleston, WV
“Poor service and mediocre food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

When my wife and I arrived, we were told to find a table ourself. We waited a good while before a waitress came up and took drink orders. When she returned, we ordered an appetizer and two entrees. We waited a very long time. The waitress nenver came back to refill drink or ask if we wanted anything. The appetizer, kibbee, finally came and was fairly tasteless and needed seasoning. We finished and continued to wait for the entrees.

I finally called the waitress over and asked about the food and was told they were now cooking it. After another 10 minutes the food came. The plates had portions of rice, a vegetable made of beans and tomato, and one entree of the hot and spicy chicken shishbobs and one that was a mixed grill of chicken and steak.

The rice appeared to have been prepared some time before and we agreed that it was on the edge of having been kept too long. The vegetable dish was very good with a nice meld of flavors. The hot and spicy chicken was very spicey hot but didn't have much flavor. The mixed grill was much better and had good flavor and was cooked perfectly. At no point during dinner did our waitress come over to see if we needed anything, to refill drinks or to check and see if the food was OK

Once we finished eathing, we continued to sit. The owner or manager of the place circulated around chatting with customers he knew but he didn't stop by our table. I finally was able to catch the eye of the waitress who came over about 5 minutes later with the bill. She then asked if we wanted desert. We declined.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Oregon
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

Went to the Aladdin for dinner on the recommendation of our hotel staff and couldn't have been happier. The owner is Syrian and the menu had a nice selection of Greek , Syrian and other middle eastern creations. Heavenly hummus and parsley-rich tabbouleh, delicious home-made pita. I still have a memory of my spicy chicken kebabs a week later and wish I didn't live so far away, or else I'm sure I'd eat there weekly for the delight of exploring all the menu choices. If I'm ever again in Charleston, I'll plan on being there at meal time just to make it back to Aladdin.

1 Thank Verified