“Expected more”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Bridge Road Bistro

Bridge Road Bistro
Ranked #25 of 275 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Road Bistro is located in the quaint South Hills neighborhood of Charleston, just minutes from downtown. Since opening in 2004, the Bistro has earned both regional & national acclaim for its cuisine & has earned The Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence for the last 5 Years. Our cuisine is classically rooted with global & contemporary influences while supporting local farmers, regional producers & our community. We specialize in locally grown vegetables and grain fed natural beef, veal & lamb. We support our WV Farmers and provide many seafood and American dishes as well. We have 2 private rooms for intimate settings. The Walnut Room may accommodate up to 50 guest and the Ellis Room 25 guest. We have a wonderful Breakfast Buffet on Sundays. Live Entertainment on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Caterings for weddings, rehearsals, business needs and any other special occasion you may have. Deliveries and Pick Ups welcome as well. We Hope to See you Soon!!!
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Expected more”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We moved to Charleston a little over one year ago and made it to Bridge Street Bistro last night. Overall I thought the food was mediocre. The glaze on the foie gras was far too sweet while the butternut squash dish was very bland. What struck me most was the ambiance. At this price point I expect more than a mix between a sports bar (there was a WVU game on at the bar) and a Perkins (out of date decor and vinyl covered booths). I expected far more at this price point.
The Chop House in Charleston is a much better choice for food at this price.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Allison G

Houston, Texas
“Better than good but not hitting excellence except in service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Dined out with a veggie friend on her gift certificate, so I didn't stare at the prices--just noted them. Service was excellent and that added to the flavoring of the food. Rolls came out and were inedibly hard; they were replaced immediately by waiter. Variety on menu was limited for my veggie friend; if you aren't a pescetarian, you have few choices. My carpaccio was paper thin and dressed with a flavorful aoili; touch of greenery looked a little sad. My friend had the baby bibb salad and announced it as tasty. Our entrees were well timed. I requested a bit of bernaise sauce for my lamb chops and was happily rewarded. The meat was cooked to my requirements. My friend was slightly disappointed by the butternut squash raviolis--she could taste the cheese but not the squash. "But, I like cheese ravs and these are good," she shrugged. I did not sample any wine--designated driver. The main things are good--excellence is in the details.

1 Thank HurricaneFinley
Nashville, Tennessee
“Delicious Food...Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was in Charleston for business when I decided to try this restaurant. It was so good I went back a second time. On my first trip, my server suggested the Sauteed Pecan Dusted Monroe County Trout saying it was "a taste of West Virginia". Well, after enjoying that dinner I decided I REALLY like West Virginia. It was great. When it came time for dessert, Christopher suggested I try Myra's Awesome Carrot Cake. Now I come from the South and we know our carrot cake down here. I was leaning toward trying something else but Christopher convinced me that I wouldn't be sorry. Oh, how right he was!! That was absolutely the best carrot cake I've ever had. AMAZING!! Everything was so good that I decided to go back. This time, different server suggested I try the Baked Bistro Crab Cake. First I had the pumpkin soup which was fantastic. Then, when I got my entry I discovered the problem with that soup...that cup of soup was so filling that I could barely eat the crab cake. That was a shame because it was quite delicious! And I didn't even have room for dessert. But I can't regret that delicious pumpkin soup

Urbana, Ohio
“Yummy Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

While traveling through Charleston we met my sister and niece here for a weekday lunch. Service was very prompt and the waitstaff answered any questions we had. Two of us had the daily special that was a chicken, bacon panini with the homemade chips. The sandwich was great but the chips were thick and a little chewy. The others of us had the Grecian Chicken Penne pasta. It was a marvelous dish with a large amount of chicken. They readily eliminated an ingredient my niece didn't like. The Bistro is located in an area of interesting shoppes. Would love to go back again!

Charleston, West Virginia
“Yuppy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

The meal we had at Bridge Road Bistro was good but overpriced. The service was excellent. It isn't the type of food we normally eat so we will not return for that reason.