“Very Enjoyable Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bridge Road Bistro

Bridge Road Bistro
Ranked #25 of 275 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Road Bistro is located in the quaint South Hills neighborhood of Charleston, just minutes from downtown. Since opening in 2004, the Bistro has earned both regional & national acclaim for its cuisine & has earned The Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence for the last 5 Years. Our cuisine is classically rooted with global & contemporary influences while supporting local farmers, regional producers & our community. We specialize in locally grown vegetables and grain fed natural beef, veal & lamb. We support our WV Farmers and provide many seafood and American dishes as well. We have 2 private rooms for intimate settings. The Walnut Room may accommodate up to 50 guest and the Ellis Room 25 guest. We have a wonderful Breakfast Buffet on Sundays. Live Entertainment on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Caterings for weddings, rehearsals, business needs and any other special occasion you may have. Deliveries and Pick Ups welcome as well. We Hope to See you Soon!!!
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Enjoyable Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

I ate here a number of times during an extended stay in Charleston. Of all the restaurants I dined at while in West Virginia, I would say this was my favorite when considering the overall dining experience. For lunch, it's basically a nice little upscale cafe, and for dinner, it has great ambiance that leaves you feeling like you had a nice night out. It is a bit pricey, but everything I ever ate here was excellent. The bison burger and clam chowder were standouts for me. The bar is small but a great place to hang out and they have live music on the weekends. Servers could be more attentive, but in general, I thought service at most restaurants I dined at in WV was really bad, so by comparison, this restaurant was acceptable. It's located in South Hills, a quaint little neighborhood, which adds to the ambiance. (If you are there during the day, be sure to stop by the unique toy store a couple of doors down.) If you plan to spend anytime in Charleston and are looking for a nice dining experience, this is the place to go.

• Visited January 2011
2 Thank Stone711

Charleston, West Virginia
“South Hill's Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

Chef Robert Wong does a fantastic job creating epicurean delights. Great food, service and atmosphere. Another great example of some of Charleston's locally owned and operated restaurants!

Berea, Kentucky
“Best bistro in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

I've had lunch here twice and dinner once, and I'll return the next time I'm in Charleston. I've received a friendly greeting and attentive service each time I've been here, and each of my food choices has been a hit. For lunch I've had the Colorado bison burger (Colorado bison are not quite as tasty as their Nebraska cousins, but they'll do), and the Bridge Road Bistro actually served it rare as I requested it, which not all restaurants will do. Enlivened by house chipotle raspberry ketchup, it was the best burger I've had in two years. The Cubano panini was another tasty lunch choice, and the chef also does a fine job with French onion soup. If you're there for dinner and like your food encrusted, as I do, don't miss the sesame-encrusted tuna if they're offering it that night. Mine was beautifully cooked and presented. After three uniformly good experiences, I'm ready to try anything on their menu.

Visited March 2011
2 Thank Eustorgio
Milan, Italy
“Menu more impressive than food itself”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2011

The menu was very exciting, but sadly, the food did not live up to the expectation. Five of us dined for lunch, and each had different options. The best of all our lunches was the steak and onion wrap. It was tender, juicy, and full of flavor. The fries were excellent. The panini was dry and the lettuce wraps offered as a specialty looked more like an appetizer than a lunch entree. It came with no additional sides, which it definitely needed. The hostess was seemingly unhappy to seat us for lunch at 2:00, and the waitress could use a shot of an energy drink.

• Visited February 2011
New York City, New York
“Classy bistro food that will satisfy your palate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

My husband and I finally visited the BRB after hearing rave reviews from colleagues and neighbors for the last year. We enjoyed a scrumptious Sunday brunch - an excellent Mediterranean Omelet with a side of BRB (Bridge Road Bistro) breakfast potatoes, a Mediterranean Piadine (thin, crispy Italian flatbread piled high with herbed Boursin cheese, oven roasted tomatoes, plump artichoke hearts, and roasted red peppers, along with a mound of leafy greens and cherry tomatoes, topped off with a balsamic reduction), a cup of roasted red bell pepper soup, and a creme brulee to boot! The waiter also provided freshly baked rolls and a plate of butter slivers. We opted for the vegetarian-friendly dishes (they also offer a few salads, a quesadilla, and a pasta dish for which they can omit the chicken...on the dinner menu, there is a squash manicotti dish for vegetarians, as well as a pasta dish with the chicken removed, and a hummus appetizer platter).

The food was DELICIOUS, and served in beautiful bistro-sized healthy portions - enough food to fill you up without being stuffed, but oh-so-satisfying to your tastebuds! We also enjoyed their rich 100% Columbian coffee brew and gladly took refills. The creme brulee is the best we've had in WV, comparable to high end restaurants and resorts in larger metropolitan areas.

Overall, we were very satisfied with the meal and the service. Yes, it is more costly than your average run-of-the-mill restaurant, but you are served wonderful dishes made from quality ingredients. Dinner will set you back at $20-$35 an entree, so you may wish to enjoy their Sunday brunch or lunches, which are around $11-$13 per dish.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank giselle816

Been to Bridge Road Bistro? Share your experiences!