“And yet another outstanding evening - EXCELLENT”
Review of Laury's Restaurant

Laury's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 278 Restaurants in Charleston
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Since 1979, Laury's Restaurant has been the premier fine dining establishment in Charleston WV. We invite you to join us for a memorable dining experience in an elegant yet relaxed atmosphere located in the old C&O Railroad Depot, a National Register of Historic Places.
Reviewed August 26, 2014

Every single time I go to this place, it gets better. Always ask for Wayne as our server and never disappointed. Oysters Rock, Goat Cheese Salad, Sea Bass... as good as it gets anywhere. Wife had a Salmon & Scallops special and it was top of the line. The service is excellent, the food is wonderful and the atmosphere is relaxed and upscale.

1  Thank Mike S
There are newer reviews for Laury's Restaurant

Reviewed August 19, 2014

This is a very classy restaurant. The food was very expensive but well worth it. Most of the steak dishes started at $35 and up. We showed up in jeans, sneakers and t-shirts. There is no dress code but we felt a little uncomfortable. The waiter was very attentive and helpful in suggesting meals. They prepare some of the items table side. We had the Caesar salad prepared table side. I highly recommend it.

1  Thank caroled2
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We decided to spend our anniversary last week at Laury's while visiting family. I am extremely picky about my restaurants and hard to please. It was very worth the money. The restaurant was very pretty and the staff was very welcoming and attentive. They knew it was our anniversary so they gave us a private table overlooking the river. They kept the wine flowing while we enjoyed appetizers and our dinner. My husband got the Steak AuPoivre and it was out of the world. They entertained us by making our Banana's Foster table side. It was really fun to watch and wonderful to eat! The waiters were at our side enough to be helpful but not too much to be annoying. I would recommend this as a place for a special occasion.

1  Thank belairtraveler
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Do not understand all the good reviews here. Trip advisor was way off on this one. Firstly place was very noisy; business associates and i had gone for a quiet meal; honestly i ve a quieter meal at a chain restaurant. As for my meal: first course was escargot; rubbery probably frozen. second course was the house speciality beef maison; filet was tender but way over salted, asparagus was described as having hollandaise when showed up sans the sauce i was told by the waiter that they didn't offer hollandaise any more. What? Dessert was the chocolate soufflé which was good but nothing special. When i asked for an expresso was told their machine broke and they don't offer it any more. This is the city's best? Wow I've had several good meals in Charleston during my stay this was by far the worstAND most expensive.

5  Thank adasher
Reviewed June 30, 2014

From the crab cakes to the soufle this was the best dinner I have ever eaten. I had the baked sea bass with lump crab and it was perfect! I have traveled the world, fromAtlanta and bar none this is the best restraurant I have visited. You have a private server that has no other table and they areconestantly at your service. A party of 4 and one couple ordered the veal and this was a repeat visit for them. My wife had the shrimp & scallops in a wonderful spicy sause and noodles. She ate every bite and could not stop with accolades to the chef. Dont skip dessert - the drambuie vannila sause over the soufle was out of sight.

1  Thank John C