“OUTSTANDING!”

Laury's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 275 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“OUTSTANDING!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have eaten in many fine dining restaurants from LA to New York .. The Capitol Grill, The Palm, Ruth Chris, Mortons and most don't compare. You will enjoy your evening at Laufy's!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank tomcradio

Point Pleasant, West Virginia
“Food Great, Waitress Great, Host Rude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have been going to Laury's restaruant for a while now and I try to make it at least 4-5 times a year. Everytime I go I always expect and recieve nothing but the best from the food to the service. Never once have I experienced a bad evening while dining there until my most recent visit. Not that the vist was bad but I would like to make a comment about the host. Most of the time we call in advance to make a resorvation but this time we did not since it was a spontaneous decision to go to Charleston for the evening. The host was able to accomidate us with a great table which was greatly appreciated. Sine it was not too late in the evening, we decided to take our time and enjoy a bottle of wine and the wonderful ambiance that surrounded us. We recieved each course and the waitress would come by to check and make sure that everything was to our liking. Upon recieving our entrees (which were delightful) I could not help but notice the Host had been going around and checking on other diner's evenings (there were a total of three tables I believe including ours at that time). Not once did the Host stop by to check on us. It is completley fine and we were well taken care of, however, I could not help but notice this since there were only three tables. It seemed as though he was "too busy" to check on us even though we were directly across from a table he checked on multiple times. The Hostes then pulled up a chair to their table and boasted for at least 20 min about his snorkling trip and laughed in a completely obnoxious way. Once we finished our dessert we each still had a glass of wine left to drinks so we sat and were halfway through our glasses when the music stopped.. We asked our waitress if we were there too late or if they were wanting to get finiished up to go home. She assured us that we were fine and told us to enoy our wine and told us that the satelite radios sometimes goes out for a moment or two. As she was leaving our table to check on the music she stopped the Host and asked him about the music. In a very condescending and loud tone he told her "I turned it off". We felt like this was directed at us in an attempt to force us to leave. We were not greeted goodnight at the door as we had been each and every other visit by the manager or Host. Our waitress thanked us for coming in and apologized to us after we expressed our discontent with the Host's attidue and lack of professionalism. I would like to give thanks though for the Chefs for the wonderful food and to our waitress for her outstanding service and professionalism. All in all it was a great time as usual, I just hope the Host has a better attidude next time.

Visited April 2013
6 Thank Sarah P
Charleston, West Virginia
“Best Restaurant in The Valley - Bar None!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

As long-time Charleston residents we have tried them all, and without question Laurie's is tops. Outstanding food, elegant decor and great service. Eric, our waiter, was courteous, friendly and attentive. Remarkably, he not only remembered us from a visit several weeks earlier, but he remembered exactly what we had ordered at the time, including drinks and entrees. Impressive!

Laury's is the ideal place for celebrating that special occasion or for a romantic dinner. The atmosphere is relaxed and leisurely, but if you have time constraints because of concert tickets or a similar event, the staff is happy to accommodate. Everything that we have tried has been outstanding, but my wife and I are particularly fond of the duck - excellent!

A little on the pricy side, but well worth it when you feel like living it up a little. Give them a try, you will be happy that you did.

• Visited February 2013
6 Thank bart356
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“an evening to remember”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I were looking forward to a relaxing dinner after a long day's drive, and the description of this particular place looked like it would suit us perfectly. The dining room was very elegant, the atmosphere very relaxing, and the cocktails were "just right". My husband enjoyed the caesar salad prepared tableside and both our entrees were delicious (one seafood one n.y. strip steak). Oh, and the Oysters Rockefeller were outstanding. Further, they have a pretty deep offering of half bottles of wine,which we appreciate, since I typically choose a white and dh prefers a red.
There was a snafu with the taxi service, causing us to wait a rather long time. When the owner realized the situation, he insisted on driving us back to our hotel. That was a classy thing for him to do, and further cemented our belief that this the kind of establishment we like to support!

Visited March 2013
4 Thank sharigroendyk
Clifton Forge, Virginia
“Eat at Laury's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

My first stay in Charleston. Laury's was as impressive to me as the Capital rotunda! For those who like to partake in a cocktail(as I do) it is strictly top shelf. The appitizer was PERFECT; scallops sautéed to perfection. Surf &turf to die for(lobster and aged tenderloin). Then Courvoisier warmed over hot water in a glass. The staff couldn't have been nicer. The owner even made an appearance. I hate to gush but this may have been the nicest meal I have ever paid for. I'll be back and if you're on the fence and reading this - if you miss your opportunity to enjoy the meal I just experienced - I'm at a loss as to what to say.

• Visited March 2013