“Excellent Location - Michael S. and Staff Gave Great Service!”

Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I simply do not know where to begin! This was a wonderful experience for me! Firstly, I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel was so beautiful! It was a great price! I tell you, I've paid more for less at other hotels! Therefore, I am most impressed with the location!

Michael S. really gave great service! I arrived rather early and he was kind enough to check to see if my room was available. Although it was not, he said that he could make sure that it would be ready within the next 30 minutes. I asked him about locations to eat and have gave me a few great suggestions! When I returned, my room was ready. He was so pleasant to speak to and really made my day!

He asked was I coming in for something special. I shared that I was there for my nephew's wedding. He asked if I had other family members coming and I answered in the affirmative. He was kind enough to go out of his way to ensure that we were all on the same floor! How cool is that?

The pool area, restaurants and large suites were so nice, I felt like I was at a retreat on vacation! This location is not just any other hotel to lay your head! That's for sure! It was a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Every room is beautiful! But... you should definitely choose a suite! It has a full kitchen!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LesliesLane
HolidayInnSuitesC, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear LesliesLane,

I need you on my sales team. Your account of the experience is exactly what we are striving to accomplish. Provide you with a great experience with not only our product but more importantly with our staff. Thank you for the kind words about Mike, he is one of our many superstars.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

nice , huge, clean hotel, rooms where very comfortable, a/c was average, we walked to nearby Mexican restaurant Los Agaves, was great, average plate $7, parking good, wifi no charge, nice breakfast buffet

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elisa J

Dear Elisa J,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at Holiday Inn and Suites in South Charleston, WV. We appreciate the nice comments.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Was driving from Atlanta to Pittsburgh which is normally a 10 hour drive so I decided to break up the trip and spend the night in Charleston which is only a 7 hour drive. Well I made it in 12 hours so guess what not in a good mood. Everything was perfect room was great etc etc actually woke up refreshed and ready to go. Wife liked the place so much she is looking for a reason to go back and check out the local attractions. win win

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marcos1234
HolidayInnSuitesC, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Dear Marcos 1234,

Don’t you love it when a plan comes together? Being refreshed in order to again spend time driving always makes a trip better. Tell your wife she does not need a reason to come back to check out the area, just come for a weekend and relax in the indoor pool or enjoy room service and our Comedy Zone shows.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Even though the hotel was filled with high school athletes it was not too noisy. Breakfast was wonderful and the students enjoyed the pool. I would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear CrystalD68,

Your recommendation means a lot to us. We appreciate your time in sharing your comments.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn during a recent stop in Charleston WV to watch the state track events. While there, I ate in the Inn and had a wonderful dining experience. The cook, David Scott, was very accommodating and a pleasure to meet! Thanks for making my stay and meal a memorable experience.
-Shauna

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
HolidayInnSuitesC, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Shauna M,

David is wonderful. So glad he was able to make your stay more of an experience. Thanks for the recognition of a cook who does not get out of his kitchen as often as he would like.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Worst trip ever. Check in was fast then after that went down hill. Bathroom had not been swept, hair in tub, mirrors dirty. Called desk they sent up housekeeping to clean room. 2nd day come back and found dirt under desk, under the AC, and paper behind bed. Went to desk ask for the GM, attempted to reach her not avaliable. Front desk mgr came took pics and said he would talk to housekeeping. Also talked to Kimberly was very helpful said she would send email to GM but still nothing. 3rd room still not up to standards talked to Kimberly again and again an email to GM and she went out of her way to apologize. Left with no response from GM, no phone call, no visit. I am a GOLD member but would not recommend to stay here unles you check out room first. As if this writing 5/25 still no email, no phone call, or anything from GM.
phone

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Johnny Lee F

Dear Johnny Lee F,

Communication is always a skill I continue to strive to improve. Please accept my sincere apology for not responding back to you directly. I know my manager met with you and inspected the room. He went directly to our Housekeeping Manager and I was kept in the loop. My understanding was the situation was resolved and we did a Service Recovery for the inconvenience. I was not aware that you wished to speak with me once my staff had, I thought, resolved the problem of housekeeping issues. I assure you I was not told of any additional issues nor that you wished to speak with me. I will attempt to get your information today and connect with you. As a loyal Holiday Inn guest we always wish to be sure that when we make mistakes, we fix them to your total satisfaction.

Warmly, S. Arnold, GM

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Couldn't have been more pleased. The staff, especially, was super; friendly, helpful, etc. Rooms were clean and updated, beds comfortable, great pillows. We stayed here the first leg of our trip. When we were returning home, we decided to make sure we made this hotel our stop-over, as well. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear bullmar,

A complete circle. So glad you came back. It is guest like you that write these comments that make the team proud.

Thanks,