“Great for a quick night's stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great for a quick night's stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Pros:
Pet Friendly
Comfortable Beds

Cons
Location
Pet Friendly

We stayed here for one night as we passed through on our way to/from vacation.

We chose this hotel because it was pet friendly. There is a small pet walking area right outside one of the exits which was very convenient. With the "pet friendliness" comes the occasional middle-of-the-night bark. We're used to it, but it could discourage others from staying.

The room was clean, but somewhat dark. The shower was strong and the linens were clean. We left before breakfast was available, so I can't comment on that.

We'd stay here again because of the price and convenience. Thanks Holiday Inn!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
aww3583, Thank you so much for your comments and we greatly appreciate your stay! I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and your pet and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the pet walking area. We look forward to seeing you again and you are very welcome!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is what we all want - Clean, Comfortable & Friendly. Great hotel, great staff (all were seriously nice!) and great location off interstate. Lobby very modern and comfortable. We traveled with a small dog. I believe guests with pets are given rooms designated for pets. That being said, the room was very clean. There were scratches on the inside of the bathroom door from pets being left in the bathroom - but that was really the worst of it. Thank goodness for hotels who accept pets! Too bad people lock them in the bathroom. The bed and pillows were VERY comfortable. I missed the bed and pillows while we stayed at other hotels on our trip. We will absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
klever7, I would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review and comment on your stay with us. I'm very happy to hear we met your expectations and were able to provide you with a "Clean, Comfortable & Friendly" stay. I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed our pet friendly hotel. We look forward to your return and can't wait to see you again!
Weston, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I have been staying at this location, for business, on a regular basis since August of this year & I could not be happier with every aspect of my stay! -the rooms are clean & very comfortable, the food & drinks are great & beyond all of that, THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS EXCELLENT!! -Mia has made me feel right at home & reminded me that super friendly service is still around :) I highly recommend this location to everyone no matter what the reason for your stay!

Room Tip: The suites are a home away from home.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Clara L
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Clara L, We are so happy to hear your comments and recommendations! Thank you so much for them. I'm ecstatic to hear you feel our Customer Service is excellent, and I am happy that Mia made you feel at home. Thank you again and we look forward to your continuing visits!
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel about a dozen times in the past year....it is well equipped and clean. The front desk staff is usually just ok, but the servers are always excellent. The complimentary breakfast buffet is better than most Holiday Inns with multiple hot options like eggs, protein and biscuits with gravy. The workout room is also a little better than most hotels like this. The pool is very nice as well. Not many places to eat near the hotel and the food on the lunch/dinner menu is only so-so. I have also had issues with the elevators being out of commission on multiple trips. Thankfully they have a 2nd one, but in a hotel this size, you have to wait for quite some time when one of the elevators is out. I have experience issues with no hot water on 2 trips too. The big perk is it is very easy to get to being right off the highway, so convenient when you're there for business and need to come and go frequently. Considering the hotel options in this city, this is one of the best, and one of only 2 with a restaurant in it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnSuitesC, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
FrequentTravels3071, Thank you for your comments. I am happy that your overall stay was good and that you enjoyed the pool and workout room. I am sorry for the issues with the elevator during your stay, and thank you for bringing the matter to our attention. We are working with the contractor to eliminate these issues and they should be completely fixed very shortly. Please give us the opportunity to show that to you on a return visit!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Right off the interchange it was a welcoming sight for our weary eyes and bodies.....nice staff...even had a bar and light dinner fair. The exercise room was clean and well equipped. Beds comfy and breakfast better than some. Charlie our terrier gives it 4 woofs!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisatanker
Lisatanker, I thank you and Charlie for your comments. I am happy to hear that you were comfortable and rested after staying with us, and we look forward to a return visit.
Torrance, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed this hotel for 3 nights and I was amazed by how beautiful this hotel was. I am from Cali. and stayed so many different hotels but I can say this hotel was one of the best hotel I have ever stayed!
Room was nice and pool area was gorgeous, well maintained.
Best thing about this hotel was very friendly stuff, especially those works in the breakfast area. Two ladies were working during my stay and both of them were very kind and hard working. I believe her name was Eli(not sure the spelling but she is an asian girl) she was very nice and went above and beyond to meet my needs during my stay. She was also nice to my entire family and we totally appreciate her kindness.
I highly definitely recommend this hotel and sure will come back next time!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank amiller13
amiller13, Thank you so very much for your comments about our hotel and the staff. Eri was the girl you mentioned, and we think she's great as well. I greatly appreciate your recommendations to others about our hotel and we are looking forward to seeing you again.
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

In town for a conference, couldn't be happier with the accommodations. Great rooms, excellent breakfast.

Jim, a hotel associate, was the highlight of the hotel. As the first person from West Virginia I met after getting off my flight, he made it clear that he was there to make my stay as positive as possible.

He pointed out landmarks, gave restaurant tips and provided all the hotel information I needed. Thanks to him and the entire staff of this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Amfadino, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and that our Associate Jim was able to give you so much information and made you feel so comfortable while you were with us. We appreciate the compliments and look forward to seeing you again.