“Successful in their market”

Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Successful in their market”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We are finding that Holiday Inn and Express have figured out their target market. They are consistent with clean rooms, free WiFi, convenient locations, good complimentary breakfast, and value pricing. I'm not spending vacation there, but as a waypoint or business trip- it works really well. You know what to expect and that's a good thing these days.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed here last night, I usually do not write reviews but I was impressed. Great service, clean and comfortable. We really enjoyed the on site comedy club and the pool area was great. If you stay here and don't like it, u are way too picky. The breakfast was a good selection, only complaint we had was we wound have liked some juice. Thanks for a good stay!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Amyblack262
HolidayInnSuitesC, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Amyblack262, Thank you for the review and it is great to hear from people who don't normally write reviews. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and I'm sorry about the mix up on the juice. I'll look into it to see what happened, and correct the issue. I hope to see you again!
Charleston, WV
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Someone really stepped up this hotel's game! It looks nothing like the old Ramada Inn anymore! The lobby is beautiful, sleeping rooms are nice, clean and welcoming, meeting room are spacious and clean, pool area is great!

Room Tip: Not too much on views here, but the hotel is still nice!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
MrsWilky1, Thanks for the compliments on the update to the hotel! It's good to hear you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to seeing you again.
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed here for a photography convention. We had a King suite which was very well appointed. Very comfortable. The staff was very knowledgable and helpful. We did not use the fitness area but did use the pool for a photography shoot. It's a beautiful property.

Room Tip: Our room was next to the elevator and we didn't hear a thing!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jmca1102, Thank you for the compliments on our property and the staff, we greatly appreciate it. I look forward to you returning in the future so that we may serve you again!
baltimore md
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed at renovated Holiday Inn & Suites in South Charleston last Saturday and what they have done with that Old Hotel that was once a Hotel that started with R , from top to bottom , My room was very nice and Talk about great night sleep , Bed was perfect , I had dinner at Hotel it was very good and also went to comedy show that there every friday and saturday , the Comedian where fantastic ,You can also order a meal in the Comedy zone and the wait staff there Very Nice
The Lobby and Bar area is very nice and the pool look great so bring your swim wear . Easy on and off from 64 , and Most important the staff was smiling and making sure that all was good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank wmbrakeman
wmbrakeman, Thank you so much for the review and I'm happy to hear you had such a great time at the Comedy Zone while you were here. It's good to hear how well you feel you were treated by our staff and we look forward to future stays with us!
South Bend, IN
Reviewed March 14, 2013

As a business traveler I typically stay at Hampton or Marriot, but there was a basketball tournament in town, so I ended up at this Holiday Inn. I was very impressed with the facility, beautiful lobby and pool area (they have a salt water pool), nice fitness area (with individual tv's on the treadmills). Front desk staff were very attentive, and I had an issue in my room and someone from the staff was up within minutes and took care of it.

However, I was less than impressed with the room service. As a vegetarian there were few options on the menu I could eat - I called down to order a cheese pizza and was told they were out of pizza (which leads one to believe they are purchasing frozen food, not preparing fresh). I ended up just ordering a house salad and a side of macaroni and cheese. It arrived with no dressing, even though I had ordered Italian. The salad was nothing more than some very white Iceberg lettuce, store bough pre-shredded cheese, two cucumber slides and 3 cherry tomatoes. The macaroni was basically Kraft mac n' cheese from the box, but didn't taste even that good. A huge disappointment for this beautifully appointed hotel. Thankfully the complimentary breakfast was better.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a suite, which was huge and had a very nice kitchen and large table to eat/work fr...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank klachip
Joe B, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
klachip, Thank you for the review. I appreciate the kind comments you had for the hotel and staff. I apologize for the issue you had with room service, and want to assure you that I am looking into this personally. I hope to show you in the future that this has been taken care of on a future visit! If you wish to discuss the matter with me, please don't hesitate to call me at the hotel.
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

From the outside, it looked dated, but inside was all new. Nice large, modern lobby, with restaurant and bar. Rooms look newly remodeled. Excellent breakfast with hot (fresh, not nuked) and cold selections. Comfortable beds and pillows. Highly recommend! I paid 118 for a double with AAA membership

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Bobbi48128
Joe B, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Charleston West, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Bobbi48128, Thank you so much for the kind review! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay all around and that you would recommend us to others. Thank you , and we look forward to future visits!