“Nice Venue”

Charleston Civic Center
Ranked #10 of 50 things to do in Charleston
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Have been here on several occasions for various events. Very adequate but getting old, needs updated.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Various functions, concerts, programs, concerts and other social functions are held here regularly. The building is a bit dated, and if there is a huge crowd the bathrooms aren't the most aromatic place to visit. But, overall I have seen wonderful shows at this venue, and have attended various functions here as well.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We were here most recently for the state basketball tournament. Also in Dec 2013 for state cheerleading competition. Nice venue for those activities and not a bad seat. Many years ago, attended a concert and have seen a few "ice shows". I'm a huge Daughtry fan and went to concerts in VA, PA, OH, KY, FL & WV (Huntington) but have avoided them in Charleston. From reviews here and friends' advice - not the best venue for concerts.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

The facility itself is outdated and just has a dirty feel to it. There is plans to remoldel so I'm excited to see what that brings. It's big enough to attract big names but also small enough that there really isnt a bad seat in the house.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This place is a great for a concert. It was my first time there, so when I walked into the lobby, I had to figure out that the entrance to the coliseum was upstairs. The escalators didn't work, so everybody had to climb the stairs and get in a long line for security. The lines looked like they would take forever, but surprisingly I was through in about three minutes. They offer a good selection of snacks as well as cold beer!!! It cost me $9.00 for a pretzel and a glass of Bud Light, which I thought was pretty good for a rockin' country concert (Brad Paisley, Chris Young). I had a seat in section 112, Row G, and it was awesome! I couldn't have asked for better. I was very close to the performers and had a great vantage point. I would recommend sitting in this section if you can, unless you want to be right up close and personal, but you will pay a lot more. The civic center is right across from the Mall and you can simply walk from one to the other, so it's very convenient. I can't wait to go to my next concert here!!!!!