“Clean, Nice People, Awesome Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Charleston
Baltimore
“Clean, Nice People, Awesome Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I am very picky about cleanliness at hotels and I chose this hotel because it had gotten decent reviews. We had 3 different groups of family members stay there to attend a wedding in Charleston. The hotel was located nicely between the church and the wedding. Although the bridal party booked rooms at Embassy Suites we chose the Sleep Inn because it was less expensive and was not located in the heart of the city. The room was very clean as was the bathroom. The front desk was helpful in giving us directions since many roads in WV are not on the GPS. The thing I was most impressed with was the free breakfast. The breakfast not only included the items you would expect such as coffee, juice, milk, cereal, muffins, pastries and fresh fruit but they also offered yogurt, cut up fruit in a bowl, crossants, bisquits in a warmer along with 2 kinds of cooked sausage and cooked eggs, There was individually wrapped cheese slices so I was able to fix myself a nice breakfast sandwich using the croisants, cheese, eggs and sausage. There was also warm sausage gravy to put on your bisquits. My brother and his son are total meat eaters and were prepared to eat breakfast elsewhere but when they saw all that was offered they opted to eat at the hotel and were both very satified. I am not sure if all of those items are offered on weekdays as we stayed Friday - Sunday. I would definitely reccommend this hotel to others. There is also a really good restaurant "Hardings" next to the hotel. We ate there one evening and most of the food we got was homemade and delicious, plus reasonable.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Beattyville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

It's a nice facility, no question. Comfortable, clean rooms and beds, wi-fi works great, superb breakfast, conveniently located off I-79 on the NE side of Charleston (which puts you out of morning rush-hour traffic if you are headed north on I-79 toward Pennsylvania or Maryland.) Unfortunately if you are a Choice Privileges member, it's the cheapest Choice Hotels facility in the Charleston area and it still costs more than i really like to pay for a night's lodging.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

We stayed here one night on our way to St. Louis. Convenient to the Interstate, clean rooms and a surprisingly excellent flat-screen TV. Also had free WiFi. Staff was very courteous. The breakfast was only average -- pasty croissants, coffee that was only fair, but I don't expect too much at these places. If you are looking for a decent, cheap place to hang your hat for a night, this definitely gets the job done.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Ancaster, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

We stayed at the Sleep Inn on our way to and back from South Carolina. The room was clean, modern and quite comfortable. The staff were very helpful. I would recommend this spot to other travelers looking for a reasonable place to spend a night or two .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

I traveled to Charleston WV on 12/13 and 12/14, I must say that I was pleasantly suprised at how clean that it was! The bathrooms were extremely clean and the room was great. If your going to the University as I was, it's across the river and away from all of the restaraunts but only 10 minutes. There is a family restaraunt in the parking lot not attached to the hotel that was quite satisfactory, just be advised that they don't open until 8am for breakfast. This is the second time that I stayed there, for $79/night as compared to many others that were much higher, you can't beat it. I will stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

We stayed here one night while passing through and had an excellent stay. The rooms are compact but efficient and contain most amenities including an excellent shower. Be sure to bring along an ethernet cable for your laptop if you want to plug into the free internet service. There is a restaurant adjacent to the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was adequate but this room too is compact. In short, this hotel is perfectly adequate for an overnight stopover and is conveniently located just off the interstate.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

We stayed here overnight on a driving trip to Virginia. My wife and I both had a very neutral feeling about the place generally. It sheltered us from the elements, was pleasant and, most important, it was clean. Of course, I have the temerity of believing that a hotel room should be clean whenever the price is north of $40 a night. It was sufficiently spick and span that I didn't worry that my precious young children would contract some exotic disease, like I often do when staying at low-cost places. The downside is that it was not really low-cost. We paid $92 plus tax with an advance reservation. I'd say it was about $25 too much for something so basic -- zippo amenities except for shampoo. The continental breakfast was toward the bottom end of my "free" breakfast experiences. If you want clean and no frills and don't mind forking over a hundred bucks for it, I'd recommend this place. Otherwise, look around for something with better value.

• Stayed October 2008
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank HonkHonk