“Nice spot”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Ancaster, Canada
“Nice spot”
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We stayed at the Sleep Inn on our way to and back from South Carolina. The room was clean, modern and quite comfortable. The staff were very helpful. I would recommend this spot to other travelers looking for a reasonable place to spend a night or two .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 18, 2009

I traveled to Charleston WV on 12/13 and 12/14, I must say that I was pleasantly suprised at how clean that it was! The bathrooms were extremely clean and the room was great. If your going to the University as I was, it's across the river and away from all of the restaraunts but only 10 minutes. There is a family restaraunt in the parking lot not attached to the hotel that was quite satisfactory, just be advised that they don't open until 8am for breakfast. This is the second time that I stayed there, for $79/night as compared to many others that were much higher, you can't beat it. I will stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Toronto
Reviewed April 5, 2009

We stayed here one night while passing through and had an excellent stay. The rooms are compact but efficient and contain most amenities including an excellent shower. Be sure to bring along an ethernet cable for your laptop if you want to plug into the free internet service. There is a restaurant adjacent to the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was adequate but this room too is compact. In short, this hotel is perfectly adequate for an overnight stopover and is conveniently located just off the interstate.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
Reviewed October 23, 2008

We stayed here overnight on a driving trip to Virginia. My wife and I both had a very neutral feeling about the place generally. It sheltered us from the elements, was pleasant and, most important, it was clean. Of course, I have the temerity of believing that a hotel room should be clean whenever the price is north of $40 a night. It was sufficiently spick and span that I didn't worry that my precious young children would contract some exotic disease, like I often do when staying at low-cost places. The downside is that it was not really low-cost. We paid $92 plus tax with an advance reservation. I'd say it was about $25 too much for something so basic -- zippo amenities except for shampoo. The continental breakfast was toward the bottom end of my "free" breakfast experiences. If you want clean and no frills and don't mind forking over a hundred bucks for it, I'd recommend this place. Otherwise, look around for something with better value.

• Stayed October 2008
2 Thank HonkHonk
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2008

The hotel is in a convenient location and to be honest i can not say a bad word about it. The room was really nice and clean, for a basic hotel it leaves a number of bigger chains in the shadow. The check in process was nice and easy but what lets it down is Expedia. When booking expedia made it appear we had already paid, but the hotel had no reference to this. What was worse on check out when we questioned this the girl phoned a colleage in front of us saying we were expletive deleted with her. THis is not profesional as the word means the same in Queens English as it did in the US. To me that was the let down of the hotel.

• Liked — the rooms
  • Disliked — check out staff
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank stevenage_saint
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
Reviewed June 25, 2008

I stayed here on June 13,14 and then came back and stayed again on June 20 and 21st. I have a close friend in the Charleston Hospital. I was so extremely pleased with this hotel and the front desk people are awesome. I will be staying again within the next couple weeks. This hotel is very clean and comfortable, the breakfast is nice for a continental. I would highly recommend the Sleep Inn Charleston to anyone.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — only had 2 bath towels but no problem getting more
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 29, 2008

I stayed here while on a business trip in Charleston. It actually has a very convenient location--there are several restaurants (Cracker Barrel, Fridays) within walking distance, and there's easy access to the Interstate. The lobby was clean, with a popcorn machine running in the evening. The desk clerks were pleasant. There was one computer available for guest Internet use. I got ill during this trip, so I made frequent trips to the vending machines for their $2 bottled water. There was also an ice cream/frozen chimichanga machine, which was pretty unusual. The rooms, though...compact...were all equipped with conveniences--microwaves, refrigerators, safes. In the morning there was fresh salmon served alongside the continental breakfast's more usual suspects. Opening the little pocket door to the clean bathroom, I was surprised to see a charming glass-walled shower. When you closed the door, it almost created it a steamroom effect. My coworker complained that the heat in her room wasn't working properly, but I had no complaints. I would stay there again.

Oh, and it's also pretty close to the main show in town--the Dog Track. (We didn't think we'd wind up there, but we did. Happily, the dogs weren't running that day, or else I'd probably have tried to set them all free!)

Stayed February 2008