Sleep Inn
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Sunset Motel(Charleston)
  • Pool
All reviewsfamily restaurantcookiesrestaurant next doorpocket doorchoice hotelsshower stallyogurtcooked applesbiscuits and gravywould stay here againhard boiled eggsfree breakfastoff the highwayparking lotroom was cleanthe wi finice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Very clean, newly renovated. Ask for a room at the front of the hotel. Staff is courteous and helpful.

It's a bit pricey, but only a bit!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed a night at the Sleep Inn. Rooms were nicely appointed , spacious and comfortable. Nice continental breakfast in the a.m. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We pull a 30' trailer cross country and rely on Choicehotels.com to provide us reliable information which happens 99% of the time. This hotel does have truck and bus parking like it says online - across the highway and a nice walk away if you have multiple bags. It's OK though, because according to the front desk clerk, they have security that patrols that lot also... Am I staying in such a bad place that needs security?? I sure didn't think so and hope not. Had I known about parking, we would have stayed elsewhere.
Ate dinner at the restaurant next door which was very good and extremely reasonable.
Hotel must have completed their renovations because the room is beautiful for a Sleep Inn.
Bed very comfy and lots of outlets. Only bad thing is we are on the back side of the hotel which is right by the interstate... Request a room on the front side of the hotel should you stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Checked in in the evening. Front desk was very nice, helpful. I'd requested two of the rooms be adjoining and the other one nearby and it was right on... thanks! They were doing some renovations although everything looked to be in great condition already. We were there on a Sat. night and breakfast was til 10, don't know about weekdays. Didn't have breakfast, so I can't say how it is. Other reviewers speak highly of it. Checkout was at 12, which is nice. The room was a decent size and very clean w/ a fridge, microwave, flat screen tv, good wireless... There is a restaurant in the same parking lot, but we didn't eat there. Hotel is located just off 79, but we didn't get much highway noise. We were travelling 77/64, but the Sleep in was very close, so it wasn't inconvenient at all. I've stayed at Cross Lanes, Charleston properties right next to the highway and that was a noisy nightmare, so this was a good switch. Reasonable rates for comparable properties. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2011

There are only four Choice Hotel properties in the Charleston area. This is the cheapest of them all. It's a very nice property and when I stayed there, it was undergoing renovations even though they weren't necessary. Rooms are comfy and clean, breakfast is one of the best you'll find anywhere, and the wi-fi is good. Shower water pressure is not as strong as I'd like and it took awhile to get the temperature regulated the way I wanted it in this room, but that has never been an issue in any of the other rooms I've stayed at in this motel.

It's a long way away from any food options other than the restaurant on the property, but it's conveniently adjacent to I-79 on your way out of town going northeast. I stay here when I need to pick up a stay for a Choice Rewards promotion and am in the Charleston area, but there are less expensive options if you're not shooting for a free night or a $50 gas card.

Very nice motel, good customer service, but I don't like paying these rates if I can help it. On the flip side, it's at least $10 cheaper than the other Sleep Inn on the west side of town and a little easier to get to.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo