“Do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Charleston East

Knights Inn Charleston East
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
slatyfork wv
“Do not stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This was partly my fault. I had booked the room through wyndam rewards and put in the wrong dates. I contacted wyndam. They were very nice and said for me to stay on the line and they would call the knights inn. The knights inn said too bad!
Our computers are down and there is nothing they could do. Of course their credit card machine was working and they charged me anyways. Now they will get paid twice. I own a small inn and I know full well they could have issued a credit. We stay in Charleston regularly and will never stay their again. REALLY BAD customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank kkkk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Carroll, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were only passing through Charleston and weren't arriving until 9:30 at night and leaving early the next day so when I saw business travelers on this site rating this hotel as old but clean we thought it would suffice. I just wanted a clean/cheap place to sleep and shower. Boy were those reviews wrong. First off we had booked 3 rooms and when we arrived they had given our room to someone else. So 2 in our party got into their rooms immediately but my family had to wait for it to be straightened out and given a different room. Our room was marked as non-smoking but the stench of smoke was overpowering. I was afraid to let my children walk barefoot in the room as carpet appeared dirty and my son said" I stepped on something mommy". We decided we would just get up extra early next day to make our next destination to shower as the bathroom was disgusting. Bed and pillows very uncomfortable and I barely slept all night. I would never recommend this place to anyone. Dirty, stinking, gross!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Shannon R

Travelers are raving about these Charleston hotels

Asheville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Website stated they had pool and hot tub. Pool is half full of green rotten water and fenced off, with loose rocks around edge of pool. Only one ice maker and soda machine located in office lobby, and drink machine was out of order. Front desk staff seemed detached and uninterested in providing service. Two lamps not working in room because they were both missing light bulbs. Not even worth the Priceline price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Cindy A
Burbank, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I don't think you could go lower as a human being. Non-smoking rooms with cigarette burns everywhere. Pool half filled, green and fenced off. You have to beg for an additional towel.

Seriously, I felt like levitating the whole night, so I wouldn't have to make contact with anything.

Stayed August 2013
4 Thank fishpr2003
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

BEWARE OF THIS HOTEL AND DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY HERE!! Complete Jerks To Start Off Wit And Then They Don't Follow What That There Sites Says!! Very Unclean Rooms And Very Unprofessional Staff To Say The Least!! Shady Looking People Wander The Parking Lot At Night And Follow You!! This Place Should NOT Be In Business At All!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Porscha_29
Norfolk, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This property produced a decent stay, but the property was far from perfect. There were some burn marks in the furniture of the smoking room I was given. Everything was otherwise clean and functioning properly. The pool was clean and warm. It’s too small for laps, but good for kids to splash around in. The complementary breakfast was only coffee and juice, with no solids of any type provided. The biggest flaw was the thinness or flimsiness of the building. The floors were bouncy. The walls failed to keep out very much noise, with loud neighbors and a nearby train horn clearly audible at all hours of the night.

Overall, if this is where your budget brings you, you’ll survive. But you might consider splurging for better if you are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
Peterstown, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Seriously folks! There was what I swear looked like blood splatter on the walls of the bathroom and sleeping area. The sheets smelt of bleach, so I'm fairly certain they were clean, but they were the only things in there that were! Also, the smoke alarm had been removed from the wall, wires left hanging...how does this place stay in business???

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple