“hummmmm” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Fairmont
“hummmmm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Well...maybe these room have been redone..did not see before...or maybe we didn't get one..but we were told we got the premium...but...not as nice as pics on internet. Front desk was wonderful..everyone so over the top kind. wooden floors I like.no nasty carpet. Place was ok clean...I spilled water on the floor and wiped up with white towel and white towel was black...so, guess the floor don't get moped much...bed mattress didn't seem to old...ok comfort, which was good...pretty quite and water was hot...so it fit the bill...flat screen tv if you are a tv watcher. Had a pretty nasty odor which never when away. Actually the worse Red Roof we have ever stayed in...most of the time Red roof's are pretty nice...not Marriott..but then does not cost like the Marriott...No bugs in sight so that is a huge plus...If looking for a plain place to spend the night and don't expect anything fancy...this will work. commode and sink and bed were clean...A MUST!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Spicysince2001
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. First let me apologize that your floor didn't seem to be mopped properly. I will address this with my staff. At Red Roof Inn we want your experience to be the best possible. We didn't meet those standards for you and for that I do apologize. I hope if you are ever in Charleston again you will give us a second chance to better serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I have been staying at this inn several times a year for the past 30 plus years. In recent years it was getting a bit run down but it was convenient for me. They have now renovated all of the rooms and added a premium room category. Very nice. I appreciated the new king bed and the large desk for my computer and paper work.
Special mention for Connie at the front desk who is always very accommodating and pleasant and recommended the premium room. Thank you Connie!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I’m so glad you like the new rooms, and recognizing the premium room, it is our best room. Connie is always there to take care of her guest; she just received an award from Red Roof Inn for all of her great accomplishments. We thank you for telling us about your stay and appreciate you taking the time to give us this great review.
Foster, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

I want to thank Connie at the Front Desk she is the only one that ever gets my boyfriends reservation correct and put his corporate code in to get his discount...the rooms are nice and clean I would differently recommend this hotel to anyone...Thanks Connie you are awesome

Room Tip: I like the preminum king room it is nice to have that snack in the morning
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cindi A
Connie is an awesome employee and has recently won a very prestige award for her great customer service we are very privileged to have her as an employee. She always goes above and beyond for her guest and makes them feel at home. Thank you so much for recognizing Connie for all the hard work she does.
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Lets begin by talking about Vin, the awesome gentleman who was at the front desk. We used this as a midway point while traveling for the first time with our infant daughter. We arrived pretty late and we exhausted but he was very kind, cheerful, and quick at getting us into our room. He asked us if there was anything he needed he'd be there and I think he genuinely meant it. On our way back home we stopped here again and he was even nicer (I didn't think that was possible). The hotel itself has just been renovated and is pretty nice for such a cheap price. A good "stop over" place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate the kind words about our renovation and Vin. He hasn't been with us but a short amount of time yet he has been able to step up and make our guest feel welcomed. We hope the next time you are in our area you will continue to choose Red Roof Inn.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Excellent customer service. Connie at the front desk is always friendly and helpful. On multiple stays she has gone out of her way to make my stay more comfortable. It is always easy checking in and out as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the wonderful review, Connie is a great employee and has recently won an award for her great customer service we are very fortunate to have her as an employee. She always goes above and beyond for her guest.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

The guy at the front desk charged my card through a glass window because I suppose he was afraid of being mugged or robbed. I asked if the rooms has been renovated and he assured me they had. We go to the room only to see stains on the blanket and dust and dirt every where. My husband suggested we just sleep on top of the blanket and just don't touch anything...tired from snow plowing in the storm...I said ok. First, we decide to pull back the sheets and check for bugs. We found crumbs and dirt! Ok, we pull the sheets back up. I go to fluff the pillow and there was the bug! We grabbed our stuff and ran back to the guy at the front desk. I explained what we saw...he pretended we were crazy. Then said, this is the Red Roof Inn, not the Ritz Carlton. I asked for my money to be put back on my card and he said no. He said, you used the room so you must pay for it! I said, we were there ten to fifteen minutes and he pretty much ignored me. He gave me phone numbers of the hotel and corporate; then told me, I better get pictures to back up my story!! I will NEVER stay there again. $54.99 for 15 minutes is ridiculous and I will be calling corporate in the morning. We are now comfortably at the Holiday Inn Express down the road.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Wyldflwr
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
First let me apologize for the issues you had during your stay. This is not the way we treat our guest. I will address these issues with my staff. The employee you spoke with was out of line, if you could call me at the Inn I will make sure you didn't get charged for the room. I also would like to apologize for the way you found your room; this is not Red Roof Inn's standards. If you ever travel back to Charleston I hope you would give us a better chance to serve you.
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Arrived about 4:30 & greeted by an extremely nice and helpful Connie! She is absolutely great! Had premium King room which was very nice, clean & smelled good! Wendy's almost at our front door! Had our doggy Marley with us as pet friendly! Would recommend this Inn!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rri-10059, Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. Connie is a great employee and always tries to make our guest feel at home. Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Red Roof Inn. Look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Charleston.