Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV
$101
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Sleep Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
$119
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

$124
$119
$100
All reviewspremium roomhardwood floorsroom was cleanfridge and microwaveone night staymotelaliciarripetinterstatewvfixtureshousekeeper
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is the second time that we have stayed at this hotel and, once again, we highly recommend this Red Roof Inn. When I was looking at the cost of the rooms online, I decided to call the hotel to see if I could get a better rate. Sherry answered the phone and was incredibly helpful; she informed me of a 20% savings if we brought a few cans of food with us to contribute to the food drive. I would have contributed to the food drive anyway and being able to save 20% on our hotel bill made it a win / win.

I love the fact that Red Roof Inns are pet-friendly and that they do not charge extra for our Yorkie, Brutus.

The only thing that I don't like about Red Roof Inns is the $1.50 charge for the safe that is automatically charged to your room at check-in. Granted, you can ask for the charge to be removed at check-out if you haven't used the safe, but it is a hassle. I realize that this is a corporate policy and not the fault of any particular location. However, there has to be a better way to handle the charge for using the safe and I encourage "corporate" to change the policy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thanks for choosing Red Roof Inn for your lodging needs. We are so glad you chose to stay with us during your travels. I'm glad Sherry was able to take care of you; we try to make everyone feel at home while staying. We are pleased that Brutus was able to come and visit as well. We look forward to meeting you the next time you stay.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

No matter what part of West Virginia I am visiting, I stay here. I can depend on the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. Reservations, check-in and check-out are a breeze. There are many restaurants nearby and others in and around Charleston are easy to get to from here. The front desk clerks are welcoming and helpful. The bedding and towels were crisp and clean, the shower as hot as I wanted it with great water pressure. Good parking, the fridge and microwave are handy and the wi-fi works perfectly. I will stay here again and I would very much recommend this Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the back of the 2nd building, you may hear traffic if your room is quiet but it is not enough to prevent a good night's rest. But honestly - if you choose a hotel near a highway, you can expect it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate the time you took to complete a review. We appreciate all of the kind words. Thanks for being a loyal guest and we hope to see you the next time you travel to Charleston.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Connie, who checked us in and told us goodbye when we left, was very friendly and welcoming. The upgraded room was clean and nice at a very reasonable price. There were local resaurants close by with a good variety of choices.
We were so impressed with Red Roof Inn and their policies that we have now joined their rewards program for our future travels with our dog.

Room Tip: The upgraded room was well worth the slight increase in price.
1  Thank Gail4241

Thank so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that Connie took such good care of you during your stay. We appreciate you joining our Redi Card program and hope you enjoy all the rewards that come with the program. I look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through the Charleston area.

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

67 dollars for a room not stocked with toilet paper, no clean bedding, potato chips all over the bed, bugs.... Need I go on? Will not stay at this chain again. Dirty mirror and no military discount. Had to fill characters for the review. Would not recommend.

Stayed: December 2013

First of all let me apologize for the poor experience you had during your stay at our Inn. This is not our standards. I will look into what happened and take measures to prevent it from happening again. I hope you will reconsider staying with us again and give us the chance to better serve you. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

On the night drive up to Charleston I was worried about getting a room so called 1-800-the-roof and soon enough had two rooms, one for my passenger and business colleague, a Canadsia who had never heard of Red Roof Inns. The Kanawha City property was well managed and, very important, the water for making tean the following morning was very hot. Carol, who also checked us out (059), was very friendly and helpful, closing out a very satisfying stay.

Room Tip: Do what I do - call 1-800-the-roof.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review for our property. We appreciate you sharing our band with your Canadian friend. I hope they also enjoyed their stay. I will share your comments with Carol she goes out of her way to help our guest, and we appreciate the hospitality she shows with each guest. I hope the next time you come through Charleston you will stay with us again.