“I look forward to staying here”

Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV
Ranked #13 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Ohio
“I look forward to staying here”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

No matter what part of West Virginia I am visiting, I stay here. I can depend on the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. Reservations, check-in and check-out are a breeze. There are many restaurants nearby and others in and around Charleston are easy to get to from here. The front desk clerks are welcoming and helpful. The bedding and towels were crisp and clean, the shower as hot as I wanted it with great water pressure. Good parking, the fridge and microwave are handy and the wi-fi works perfectly. I will stay here again and I would very much recommend this Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the back of the 2nd building, you may hear traffic if your room is quiet but it...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
We appreciate the time you took to complete a review. We appreciate all of the kind words. Thanks for being a loyal guest and we hope to see you the next time you travel to Charleston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Connie, who checked us in and told us goodbye when we left, was very friendly and welcoming. The upgraded room was clean and nice at a very reasonable price. There were local resaurants close by with a good variety of choices.
We were so impressed with Red Roof Inn and their policies that we have now joined their rewards program for our future travels with our dog.

Room Tip: The upgraded room was well worth the slight increase in price.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gail4241
Thank so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm glad to hear that Connie took such good care of you during your stay. We appreciate you joining our Redi Card program and hope you enjoy all the rewards that come with the program. I look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through the Charleston area.
Surf City, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

67 dollars for a room not stocked with toilet paper, no clean bedding, potato chips all over the bed, bugs.... Need I go on? Will not stay at this chain again. Dirty mirror and no military discount. Had to fill characters for the review. Would not recommend.

Stayed December 2013
First of all let me apologize for the poor experience you had during your stay at our Inn. This is not our standards. I will look into what happened and take measures to prevent it from happening again. I hope you will reconsider staying with us again and give us the chance to better serve you. Thank you for sharing your stay with us.

Travelers are raving about these Charleston hotels

SOUTHBURY
Reviewed December 13, 2013

On the night drive up to Charleston I was worried about getting a room so called 1-800-the-roof and soon enough had two rooms, one for my passenger and business colleague, a Canadsia who had never heard of Red Roof Inns. The Kanawha City property was well managed and, very important, the water for making tean the following morning was very hot. Carol, who also checked us out (059), was very friendly and helpful, closing out a very satisfying stay.

Room Tip: Do what I do - call 1-800-the-roof.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review for our property. We appreciate you sharing our band with your Canadian friend. I hope they also enjoyed their stay. I will share your comments with Carol she goes out of her way to help our guest, and we appreciate the hospitality she shows with each guest. I hope the next time you come through Charleston you will stay with us again.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My company stays with red roof quite often and they don't differ much. This one is no exception: the rooms were nice and clean but the maids didn't show up until 6 at night. There are restaurants and stores not far so it's not a bad location - it is a little annoying to get back to the hotel but for the price it's hard to complain.

One thing that stands out were the receptionists Connie and Sherry, they were very nice and helpful it's always nice to get actual characters behind the desks instead of robots. They got me situated pretty quick even though the computers were having issues.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
First I apologize for housekeeping not getting to your room until late. I will address this with my staff. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us, and letting us know how well Sherry and Connie did their jobs. They are both great employees and both of them do a great job at making our guest feel at home. We hope to see you the next time you are working in our area. Have a wonderful holiday season.
Anderson, Indiana
Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

The front desk clerk here was very pleasant, accommodating, and understanding after we were turned away and refused service by the Days Inn we had booked across the street. Our room was clean and comfortable. This hotel is an excellent stopover value. I would recommend it and I would stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us, and all the kind words. We hope you will visit again if you are back in our area. Happy Holidays!!
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is the second time staying at this location. We had exceptional service from Connie upon checking in. She went out of her way to help us, as we were concerned about impending bad weather. She is a gem and definitely made our check-in and stay more enjoyable!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the review. We do appreciate everything Connie does for our guest, she is a gem. I hope to see you the next time you travel through our area. Have a wonderful holiday.