WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City

Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Pleasant stay in south Charleston, WV”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed one night at the Red Roof Inn on south side of Charleston, WV, on the way to North Carolina. It is difficult to find once you exit the Interstate. You can see it from up above but on the side road where the motels and restaurants are located it sits way back and there is only a poorly marked sign for a driveway to reach the motel itself. Arrived late afternoon on a weekday. The gentleman at the desk was very helpful. Was traveling with a small dog and the motel is pet friendly. Room was in second building, in the back, with our room facing the elevated section of the interstate. If traffic noise is a problem for some, I would recommend asking for a room in a different location. Motel is re-designed in new Red Roof standard. Very nice decor, clean and attractive. Most of flooring was faux wood material. Room had big screen TV, microwave, safe, and small refrigerator. Shower/commode room was very clean - shower was good. Two double beds with small chair. I would recommend the motel to anyone needing a clean and attractive room for the night. Many restaurants, etc. right down the street.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the side facing Interstate would be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dana M
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you travel through Charleston. Let us know ahead of time so we can have a room ready on the front side of the building away from the highway. Thanks again and have a wonderful holiday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
LINCOLN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

This place was pet friendly and wonderful! We stayed for 1 week as we were visiting family. Staff was awesome! Annette and Sherry were terrific and a great benefit to this business. Clean room and quiet. Bed was great! Will stay here again and again!

Room Tip: The only problem we had was a big pothole in the driveway. Very quiet to sleep in the back of the o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate all of your kind words. Sherry and Annette both are wonderful employees and my staff takes great pride in helping our guest feel at home. I'm glad they were able to assist you. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to Charleston.
sheffield Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I are staying here for a long weekend to enjoy the fall foliage auto touring. We are in a king room which has a mini fridge and microwave. We got ground floor as requested, we are travelling with 2 little dogs. The price was good and no extra charge for the dogs! Check in was easy and friendly! Room was clean and the bed was nice and comfortable. There is a group of feral cats outside. They are so cute, with little kittens. I wish we could take one home. I wonder what will become of them as it is starting to get pretty cold. This is a good place to stay !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are trying to find homes for the cats that your saw while here. If you know of anyone that would like to have a new pet please let us know we will do what we can to catch them and give them away. Thanks again for your kind words.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I had a hard time finding it (it's behind the Wendy's!) so I called over and Connie behind the desk was wonderful. Upon arrival, she made my check-in very quick and made a point of letting me know a few events going on during my stay. The room itself is cozy and efficient, called the King Superior. Clean, no smell, linens and towels are fine. The internet is on the slow side, but the whole area seems to be like that. Will definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hippie_Groomer
We always appreciate when our guest take the time to let us know how their stay was. We are pleased that Connie was able to make your stay a pleasant one. We hope to see you on your next trip to Charleston.
Clearwater, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have to say that this was the best night ever. I had made a reservation for Knights Inn which is right down the street from the Red Roof. Well i immediately left the Knights Inn made a phone call to the Red roof the lady at the front desk was exceptionally pleasant helpful and more than willing to make sure that my stay was pleasant. The rooms was very clean, nice linen, nice towels. I love the new decor was very warm and inviting. The front desk person Carol made a phone call to our room to make sure we had everything we needed and to ask if the room was clean. As an IHG employee I found this to be very nice and appreicative. I would definintely come back to this hotel. I would like to recognize team member 059 for her outstanding personality and caring ways. Thank you so much.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kathie H
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Carol is a great asset to our company. My staff tries hard to make sure our guest feel at home. I hope when you come back to our area you will stop in and stay again.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had wrote a review 2 months ago about my stay at this hotel, it was a very bad review. I was just there 10/11/13, I checked in at around 4pm, the lady at the front desk was very nice and made me feel welcome a big change from the last visit. The room was very nice and clean, check in time about 2 min and same for check out a big change will stay if I return to the area.

BL Chicago

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for giving us another chance. I'm so glad your stay was such an improvement from the last time. We have several new staff members and we strive to improve on this each day. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope you will stay again.
Greenville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have to say the staff and service was great which I appreciated and it was a generally clean room. My only problems were that despite advertising being smoke-free, my room reeked of old cigarette smoke. I appreciated the free pet policy as I had my cat with me but she did come home with fleas that she definitely didn't have before, but I suppose that's just a risk of a pet-welcoming hotel. Very close to the freeway, a little hard to find but if you need something basic, this works.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I'm so sorry to hear that your experience wasn't pleasant. We do accept pets and even strip each room completely after our pet friends check out to eliminate the chance of flees and allergies. We are 100% non-smoking unfortunately like hospitals we also have some unruly guest that doesn’t want to follow the rules. When this happens we do have procedures to eliminate the odor from the rooms, we strip the entire room, shampoo the carpet, clean the drapes, and place a fogger in the room to rid the room of any left-over smoke odor. We then hold the guest accountable for the fees of having to clean the room of smoke by charging them a fee of $200. We try our best to keep guest from smoking in our rooms. I do apologize that your room still had the odor left behind. I will address this with my housekeeping staff to make sure they are double checking such rooms for the comfort of our guest.