Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV
  • Restaurant
$118
$110
$109
All reviewspremium roomhardwood floorsroom was cleanfridge and microwavefirst floorone night staymotelaliciapetinterstateihopwvfixtureshousekeeper
Reviewed August 6, 2013

we were staying at another motel near this red roof inn and there were bug problems. I called sherry and she gave us a price that was about the same as the other. the quality of the red roof inn was 200% better. I just want to thank sherry for being so nice and helpful.i will recommend this location to others.
thanks, tom hines

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Thanks for letting us know how courteous Sherry was during your stay. I'm glad we could accommodate your family. If you’re ever in Charleston again we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Dog friendly, good green space to walk them. Mexican restaurant within walking distance was good for dinner. Clean and friendly. Not luxurious by any means but safe and affordable on a long trip with dogs.

• Stayed: July 2013

We appreciate you and your dog staying with us and hope you will stop in again. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed their in August while we was visiting friends for the weekend.it was me and my familyand our dog. The rooms was redone and nice all though the plaster was coming off the ceiling in spots still very nice place . restaurants wad close by and they are pet friendly with no pet fee ...we will stay there again when we come in to visit friends...

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the popcorn coming down in your room. We have found a few rooms doing this. We are repairing them and looking into why this has happened. I hope the next time you travel in to visit you will stay with is again.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This older property had the renovated King Superior totally figured out; room looked great and was easy to book on website. However, poorly fastened shower curtain bar sagged, so the shower curtain kept sliding away from both walls - much comedy as user kept trying to restore "full coverage." Quiet, although nestled into an Interstate interchange. This property is really deficient on curb appeal, even more than most old Roofs; the entrance was hard to find - must drive past other motel entrances. The housekeeper was outstanding - wore the career apparel with pride, and was helpful. Red Roof would more than justify their recent price bounce if they could get ride of the dirty chewing gum stuck abundantly to the sidewalks and the gnarly wooden stairways (and something newer and nicer to get to the upper floors!).

Room Tip: King Superior is well worth the few extra dollars.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate you letting us know about your stay. I’m so glad you like our new kings. They are our most popular rooms. I apologize for there being gum on the sidewalk; I will have my maintenance address this immediately. I hope you will stop in again the next time you are traveling through Charleston.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Room was clean near restaurants staff was friendly. There is no extras like shampoo hand lotion basic room. Priced a little high compare to other chains with more things to offer probably would look for different place if i'm in Charleston again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize that didn't meet your expectations. We do have Pantene shampoo that should have been in every room. All of our rooms offer microwave, refrigerators, free Wi-Fi, free long-distance (within the USA) and we have upgraded rooms that even offer snacks and breakfast in the refrigerators. We try to stay within reason of our competitors. I'm sorry you didn't find that when you were here. I hope if you are ever back in the area you will give us a chance to better serve you.