Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Room was clean near restaurants staff was friendly. There is no extras like shampoo hand lotion basic room. Priced a little high compare to other chains with more things to offer probably would look for different place if i'm in Charleston again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize that didn't meet your expectations. We do have Pantene shampoo that should have been in every room. All of our rooms offer microwave, refrigerators, free Wi-Fi, free long-distance (within the USA) and we have upgraded rooms that even offer snacks and breakfast in the refrigerators. We try to stay within reason of our competitors. I'm sorry you didn't find that when you were here. I hope if you are ever back in the area you will give us a chance to better serve you.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed @ this motel on 7/24/2013 and the staff was very proud to serve the public.I would stay there again in the future. The motel was clean and staff was willing help in any way.Team members name was Carol property name 059

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed over night on my way home from vacation in FL. I have stayed there many times before but they have renovated the rooms. They are done nicely and the beds are super comfortable. The place is convenient, clean and the staff are helpful and friendly. No issues with the stay!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
rri-10059, Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

I'm so glad you liked our new remodel. We appreciate you sharing your opinion with us. I hope to see you the next time you travel through Charleston.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Connie at the front desk during the afternoon and evening shift was terrific.
Her counterpart during earlier in the day, Sherrie, was also excellent.
Together, they added buckets of good to our stay.
Their help at every turn was the highlight of our experience,
and I a confident that any reasonable guest would agree.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for Recognizing Connie and Sherry for all of their efforts. They are both greatly appreciated and I’m glad they were able to help you during your stay with us. We appreciate you selecting Red Roof Inn and I look forward to seeing you again on your return trip.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have stayed in the area in the past and decided to look into this inn; I spoke with Connie and Lisa and their personality won me over from the start. I decided to stay at this inn after meeting these employees and my stay was just as they stated, it was excellent. I entered the room and it looked and smelled fresh and clean; the linens were fresh and the bath towels were bright white. I checked the room and the corners were clean and free of any dirt or dust that can normally be found in corners. The no smoking policy was also very nice as I didn't have any burn marks on the bedding, counter tops, or tub; also no after smell of tobacco. There were some outside their rooms smoking, friendly folks that also didn't seem to mind not smoking in their rooms. I was not able to get on the internet; I think my laptop didn't get a strong enough signal, but that was still fine. This was a great stay and I look forward to returning when I'm back in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thanks so much for all of your kind words. We appreciate you choosing us and look forward to seeing you again on your return trip.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

New smoke free policy is GREAT! Room actual smelled like it had been scrubbed and cleaned.

Only issue was that the quality of the wireless internet service was terrible. If I would have been staying at this hotel to conduct business I would have quickly checked out. Signal was constantly dropping and required reconnection.

Room Tip: Like all pet friendly hotels there are some owners whom are not friendly to those who follow. Owner...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your recent visit to the Charleston area. We are currently working with our WI-FI provider to correct any issues you had during your stay. We did have to replace a couple of pieces of equipment; I feel this has resolved these issues. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inn and hope to see you the next time your travel needs brings you through Charleston.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here on our way home from Maggi Valley NC, price was great, rooms new and resturant locations great. staff was very friendly, enjoyed the stay Pizza and sub place close to hotel lobby, Texas steak house, great prices and the Ihop has some of the best waiters, especially Steven T that I have ever had waited on me

Room Tip: always get superior king
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie R
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, WV, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your recent visit to the Charleston area. We are located near several restaurants within walking distance. I'm glad you were able to appreciate them during your stay. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inn and hope to see you soon on a return visit.