WINNER WONDERLAND

Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Charleston
“Very pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Had not stayed in a Red Roof in years for good reason. After reading reviews decided to take a chance. Glad we did! This hotel was recently remodled and is 100% non-smoking. Room was very clean and nice fresh new modern design. Had our dog and no charge for him to stay with us. Staff was very friendly. Pleasant, positive experience!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks for giving Red Roof Inn another chance. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We do enjoy having our pet friends here as well. Please stop back in when you travel through Charleston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Charleston, WV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Back in December 2012 12/19 - 12/21 I stayed at Red Roof 059 Kanawha Charleston, Wv. Always a clean room and great staff. Well after leaving and going about a hour away I noticed my hat was missing. Not just a ball hat but a Christmas ball hat from the tree farm my family gets are tree from every year. We have been going there for 30 some years. And this hat was on my head for about 20 some years. So it means a lot to me and my Kids. I called the Inn and the night clerk Carol picks up. Now its a ice snow storm and it her busy time with check outs. She said she would check the room and call me back. She didn't find it in the room so she in the snow and ice started to check the parking a lot. She located it clean it up and call me to give me the Great News. Its was found. Carol went way over the top to find my hat. Lisa the manager and all the staff at Inn 059 are just Great people!! And Carol the night clerk is the Best I can't thank her for what she did. Show what kind of staff from Carol, Debra all the way to the top Lisa are Great People ! THANK YOU CAROL and Red Roof Inn 059

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us during your holiday travels. I'm so glad Carol was able to find your hat and it made it back safe with you. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us and I'm glad my staff and I are able to help you out. We pride ourselves on our superior customer service and want you to feel at home during your stay. Look forward to seeing you again when your back in Charleston.
Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Service was awesome. Had air condition making alot of noise and Brain who was doing service had already clocked out and stayed and put a new air unit in. Connie who check us in was very friendly. We will always go back to this location. This is the second time we have stayed there!.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We appreciate your business and would like to apologize for your Air Conditioner not working properly. I'm glad Brian and Connie could be of assistance. We do appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve you during your trip to Charleston. I hope to see you during a return visit to Charleston.
N Myrtle Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were on our way home to Michigan after spending the winter in SC. All we wanted was a clean, safe place to stay that would allow us to bring our dog. We found that Red Roof perfectly fit the bill. It was less than HALF the price of one of the adjacent pet friendly places. Of course you should be aware that the accomodations are spartan, i.e., no in-room coffee pot, hairdryer, microwave or refrigerator.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Paula W
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us on your recent visit to the Charleston area. While all of our rooms don't offer the extra amenities we now have a premium king that offers the hairdryer, Ironing board, Irons, coffee maker and a boxed breakfast, so the next time you are in the area try out one of these new rooms. We appreciate you choosing Red Roof Inn and hope to see you soon on a return visit.
seacoast N.H.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Room floor was dirty. I asked for and got a room with refrigerator/freezer which didn't work and leaked water all across the floor and our things. Food ruined inside. Stayed in 4 red roof inns this trip because of driving with our dog and this was the very grittiest

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for bringing this incident to our attention. I can assure you that this issue will be addressed immediately. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I hope that you will allow us to make this right and visit us again for future lodging needs.
Cincinnati
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is located very close to the freeway which is a good thing and a bad thing. Easy to find, but a little noisy with the traffic. One person working the front desk, very nice but very slow check-in process as hotel was full. The person in front of me was coming back to the front desk because the room they were assigned was not serviced. Luckily he didn't give them my room! I got the keys, and headed up to the room. Very surprised by the laminate hardwood floors. It was a very modern looking room. The bathroom was a tight squeeze and within five minutes unusable. My husband went down to get a plunger but was told by the front desk guy he was alone and couldn't shut down the office to get it until people stopped coming to check in. We waited nearly 45 minutes until my husband went back down to see if was less busy. We got the plunger and serviced it ourselves. Unfortunately the toilet was a slow running toilet, and even when unclogged, it still had issues with flushing. The bathroom itself was a little unclean, as there were hairs on the floor and on the bathroom shower walls, but there were no other rooms to move to, so we stayed there and dealt with it. At checkout we let them know of the issues, and they noted it but once again gave no discount or apology. Not going to recommend this one to others unless they do a better job of cleaning it and staffing it properly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
rri-10059, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston - Kanawha City, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
I apologize for the issues you had during your stay. When we expect to be busy I try to have extra coverage or I work late myself. I do understand your frustration. I have addressed the issues with your room with my staff. I ask that if you are ever back in the area to give us another try to redeem ourselves. We do appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience.
Roanoke, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I wish I could give this property a better rating because the room I was in was beautifully remodelled. Very chic, clean and comfy. The problem I had was a "clicking" noise that reoccurred every 15 minutes or so. It was so disruptive that it kept me from getting to sleep. I searched the entire room several time for the source of the noise, but never could figure it out. The next morning when I was checking out, I mentioned this to the desk clerk. She informed me that it was the room's heating unit making the noise when it came on. Apparently this is a common problem at this hotel because she knew right off the bat what it was. No matter how nice the room is, if you can't fall asleep, the room is of little value to you.

Room Tip: Ask the desk clerk for a room with a quite heating unit. She did say some of the units were noisier...